Traps O_O

Osvir

Played on Hard, Expert Mode.

Explored as usual in the Dyrford Village. Found a chest in the house next to Hendyna.

BOOM.

2 Characters outright died, the rest were knocked out. Game Over. Traps are terrifying. I love it!!

Here's some tips to avoid "Mistakes were made":

- Save OFTEN.
- SCOUT MODE EVERYWHERE (Better safe and paranoid than unsafe and dead xD)
- You need someone to be Master of Mechanics.

That's it. Be careful out there, and have fun :D

Edited by Osvir
  • Like 3

traps were deadly in bg2 too, u could solo firkraag with a bounty hunter.

• Like 2

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

I set off a handplaced trap, not a trap that I placed (I don't know or think self-placed traps are as powerful as the handplaced ones).

Scout Mode detects traps (right?), I don't know if you have to be in Scout Mode to disarm them (I don't think so?).

They made traps do ridiculous damage in v392. Every time I set off a trap I just load my last save, so it doesn't impact me too much lol.

Haha, well, I've played super careful on previous runs. Probably why I haven't gotten very surprised until now.

Edited by Osvir

Bounty Hunter is the worst class for cheesing. So much cheese.

Edited by Rostere

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

YOU FACE DEMOGORGON, PRIN..... dead...

Edited by etagloc

They made traps do ridiculous damage in v392. Every time I set off a trap I just load my last save, so it doesn't impact me too much lol.

Traps lead to reloads?

Huh.

Better remove traps.

Best class. The best class for cheesing. :p

That said, if we're talking single classes, Assassin is easily better for cheese, once we get into HLA:s. Any rogue can get Spike Trap, which completely outclasses all the Bounty Hunter traps anyway.

Edited by Luckmann

t50aJUd.jpg

Do trap's specify the type of damage they do? Does it show if you deflected any damage for example or is it raw damage from said trap?

Here you go, DR (Damage Reduction) reduces the damage (eh-hem... duh..), but other than that it looks like raw damage:

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/39743758153314513/2D3E5D9C8F45AFB72078D1EA80431E9639AE2034/1024x575.resizedimage

If you'd click on the "Trap interrupted Beth" you'd also get to see the Interrupt Roll (Luckily, only 3 stood in the AoE, otherwise everyone would've probably went down and game over again by the way :p). This was on Easy.

Edited by Osvir

Well, the traps will probably work similarly as the abilities/spells they are originating in. At least their name indicate it.

So they didn't do anything with the different damage numbers? I can also try look into it. Though not sure whether there are issues at all. (other than crying that the trap does ten time less damage when party uses it against enemies:))

If it helps anything: my understanding from the last beta (BBv435) was that though they share the similar naming, the traps behave slightly differently. I mean, when you encounter the planted trap, it does this huge damage with so-so accuracy. With high enough Mechanics you can find and pick it. When the same trap is used against enemies later on, you will see much lower damage with higher accuracy. The original spell has usually higher base damage than the trap planted by a party member but lower accuracy (comparison done with the same character, aka the same lvl, Mechanics and Might score). 

Edited by ushas