Yet Another Pillars of Eternity beta preview

Are you people still talking about this. Give it a rest already so it can go die slowly outside the front page.

It might've died at post #50, but you just ensured it at least made it to #51. Just sayin'... o_o

• Like 2

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

There will be a tutorial in the game, so the new players can ease into it. It should however be fairly obvious to the man, that it won't be placed in a backer beta that is made to for bug finding and balancing, where you start out in the middle of the game.

The blame for the awful preview is on him, since he didn't plan or research what he was about to do, and hence failed to realize, that he was unable to perform his task, with the ressources he had available.  

And still, he posted! He was unable to review anything, but still, he posted his awfull, disgusting troll, whinning and complaining, and accusing and explaining that it is awfull, but there are some cool things (oO). It's a review site, not a private blog. Things have to be made seriously. This has impact on sales, and developers' future AND the games we will be able to play later on. It's unforgivable. And so, i just posted a heinous troll on the review page. This guy has to withdraw this **** and apology. Who are the poor suckers exactly?

I can't ignore such stupid guy, and i would troll him even more if i could. He has NO excuse.

Edited by Abel

Here's an impression from Angry Joe from PDXCON 15'

"Pillars of Eternity over all my favorite game of the show", for Josh Sawyer "He knows his ****" :D

16:04 to 20:10

Nice. Hopefully his lets play streams and inevitable review will raise the public profile of the game.

• Like 1

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

This guy's feedback is actually useful. If this is how a new player greets the game, then a gently-ramping (and hopefully skippable for us) tutorial would be very helpful. Now, that sort of tutorial doesn't really make sense in a Beta so in that sense, he's kind of off-base with his complaints. But I'd rather not have one of my favorite game-styles (isometricish pauseable rpgs) turn into some dwindling niche because no one new ever gets into it due to a cliff-like learning curve.

Well it could be useful if he was reviewing the game.  But since we have no idea what the learning curve of the game is it is not really useful.  I don't think a beta intended for veteran IE players being hard for newbies to get is some incredible revelation we needed a review to tell us.  So I fail to see how it is anything but worthless.  Now if he posts a review of the actual game that has this complaint then, yes, it would be useful feedback.

Glad Angry Joe liked it, he is a good litmus test for how a lot of gamers will feel.