[392] Weapon focus, specialization, mastery UI is unclear

PrimeJunta

Question

The UI for weapon focus, specialization, and mastery perks is unclear. While the perk descriptions list which weapons are covered by each perk, they don't say exactly what the mechanical effects are, and whether and how they stack. I managed to give BB Fighter Weapon Mastery (Adventurer) and Weapon Focus (Knight), but I'm not entirely sure how I even managed that. The description for Focus says that it adds accuracy, but not how much, and for Mastery that it adds damage on top of the "standard bonuses" for Specialization, but doesn't list either.

I'm especially confused about the relationship between Weapon Focus and Weapon Specialization.

Expected: the UI should show (1) what bonuses each of these perks grants, (2) whether they stack with each other, and (3) whether some of them require/make available others. Additionally, if (as I surmise) Weapon Focus has nothing to do with Weapon Specialization, there should be a note to that effect in the description, especially if the character taking them is a fighter.

Additionally: the inventory UI should automatically highlight or otherwise mark weapons which fall under the selected character's focus/specialization/mastery. I haven't memorized the lists yet and was constantly referring back to them when deciding which weapons to give each of my characters.

• Like 1

I have a project. It's a tabletop RPG. It's free. It's a work in progress. Find it here: www.brikoleur.com

5 answers to this question

I second this, in fact many of the descriptions for things are unclear. It would be nice to see a Meta Game information on them, i.e what the tangible benefit is, and as well as what it is required for, or leads to. Also, an option to see what is NOT available too would be nice, and their prerequisites.

Obsidian wrote:

​"those scummy backers, we're going to screw them over by giving them their game on the release date. That'll show those bastards!" 

Now we know what's going on...

Weapon Focus gives +10 Accuracy, and Weapon Specialization gives like x1.1 damage or something (maybe x1.2). But yeah the descriptions need work.

In [392] it actually gives +6 Accuracy. No idea how much it is in the newer builds.