KOTOR II: The Soundtrack

When I first heard that KOTOR wouldn't feature any of the John Williams music (other then the main theme/force theme which was played once) I was pretty pissed. I was like "what is a SW soundtrack without JW?"

Then after buying the game and playing it, I realized that the music in the game fitted perfectly with the atmosphere in KOTOR. I don't think any of the JW music could have did that.

So we hear that the KOTOR II soundtrack will be totally new. Again this drawing up concern for me. If it is new, will the same person that did the soundtrack for KOTOR do this one? I sure do hope so.

Even if he is or isn't I do hope some music from the first game makes it to KOTOR II. Two themes come to my mind that I REALLY loved in KOTOR.

Remember that song that was playing when you first saved Bastilla on Taris and you were back at your hideout apartment on Taris with with Bastilla, Carth and other inside? During this you, Carth, and Bastilla was talking about what happened and such. Well remember that music that was playing in the background? I really liked it and I wish it is in KOTOR II. That theme was also on the Unknown world when you were at the top of that temple just about to face Darkside Bastilla, again that theme was played. I really like it and I do hope it makes its way into KOTOR II somehow.

Also the other them I liked was the "Sith Academy" theme. It was the song you hear when you go into the Sith Academy on Korriban. Again, I hope this makes its way into KOTOR II.

What are your thoughts/hopes for the KOTOR II soundtrack?

When I first heard that KOTOR wouldn't feature any of the John Williams music (other then the main theme/force theme which was played once) I was pretty pissed. I was like "what is a SW soundtrack without JW?"

Then after buying the game and playing it, I realized that the music in the game fitted perfectly with the atmosphere in KOTOR. I don't think any of the JW music could have did that.

So we hear that the KOTOR II soundtrack will be totally new. Again this drawing up concern for me. If it is new, will the same person that did the soundtrack for KOTOR do this one? I sure do hope so.

Even if he is or isn't I do hope some music from the first game makes it to KOTOR II. Two themes come to my mind that I REALLY loved in KOTOR.

Remember that song that was playing when you first saved Bastilla on Taris and you were back at your hideout apartment on Taris with with Bastilla, Carth and other inside? During this you, Carth, and Bastilla was talking about what happened and such. Well remember that music that was playing in the background? I really liked it and I wish it is in KOTOR II. That theme was also on the Unknown world when you were at the top of that temple just about to face Darkside Bastilla, again that theme was played. I really like it and I do hope it makes its way into KOTOR II somehow.

Also the other them I liked was the "Sith Academy" theme. It was the song you hear when you go into the Sith Academy on Korriban. Again, I hope this makes its way into KOTOR II.

What are your thoughts/hopes for the KOTOR II soundtrack?

The song that's played in the apartments and at the Temple Summit is called "Bastila Shan" and can be downloaded from http://soundtracks.mixnmojo.com

Also, it was Jeremy Soule who did the soundtrack to KotOR 1, the devs say that KotOR II will have a new soundtrack, but they haven't decided yet on who's making it.

//EDIT: Yes, i do like the soundtrack to KotOR I, i listen to tunes like "Dantooine outback", "Bastila Shan", "The Sith", "Ahto City" and "The Unknown world" now and then.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Also, as a small sidenote, the tune "Bastila Shan" is a collage made from the original tune called "The hologram & the Binary Sunset" from the movie Star Wars: A New Hope.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Do you have the KOTOR soundtrack? If so, where do you buy it?

It's not for sale. You have to download it.

Go to the link posted by Meshugger above.

I made this half-pony half-monkey monster to please you

But I get the feeling that you don't like it

What's with all the screaming?

You like monkeys, you like ponies

Maybe you don't like monsters so much

Maybe I used too many monkeys

Isn't it enough to know that I ruined a pony making a gift for you?

the music in kotor sucked just because it did not include the IMERIAL MARCH. WHich I belive was the piece of music in any star wars movie or game to date.

Imperial March = best Star Wars music ever. The Sith tune can't even compare.

Hopefully, it'll show up at least in part in KOTORII.

normally I wouldn't have minded that it wasn/t in the game except some of the trailers and I think some of the early T.V. commercials had the imperial march playing so when it was in the game I felt like bioware went out of its way to lie to me.

I personally hope Jeremy Soule does the music for KOTOR 2! If he doesn't it would be like John Williams bailing out on Lucas after ANH. The Imperial March wouldn't really fit in my opinion being this is set 4,000 years before episode one took place. Plus the Imperial March is Vader's theme music and shouldn't be whored out to just anybody.

Jeremy Soule is a little spotty, I think. I liked some of his pieces a whole lot, but then most of them were pretty average. Some were, I don't know why, but they were aggravatingly subdued to me. Background music shouldn't distract from what's going on, but it shouldn't be any less interesting. If you make it less interesting, it'll wear thin on my ears. Probably other's, too. The battle music was crap - don't remember any of it that I like or remember. Was this different for anyone else?

But anyway... I really liked all the planet intro music, and that Bastila Shan piece. God, it could create a mood anywhere and anytime.

Based on the arrangements with our publishers, we are not hiring for sound effect and/or music positions at this time

I would guess it's not really Obsidians decision in this particular case (unfortunately, would have loved some Mark Morgan music in Kotor)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Jeremy Soule is a little spotty, I think. I liked some of his pieces a whole lot, but then most of them were pretty average. Some were, I don't know why, but they were aggravatingly subdued to me. Background music shouldn't distract from what's going on, but it shouldn't be any less interesting. If you make it less interesting, it'll wear thin on my ears. Probably other's, too. The battle music was crap - don't remember any of it that I like or remember. Was this different for anyone else?

But anyway... I really liked all the planet intro music, and that Bastila Shan piece. God, it could create a mood anywhere and anytime.

My sentiments exactly. Jeremy Soule is overrated. He's made a few good pieces and lots of bland ones.

normally I wouldn't have minded that it wasn/t in the game except some of the trailers and I think some of the early T.V. commercials had the imperial march playing so when it was in the game I felt like bioware went out of its way to lie to me.

Same here, they even played Across the Stars in one of the trailors. That is the Anakin & Padme love theme in Attack of the Clones.

But I always viewed the Imperial March as representing Darth Vader/The Empire and niether of those are in KOTOR.

In other Stars Games like Jedi Outcast, the Imperial March is played and Vader isn't in the game, but still you are fighting Strom Troppers which are apart of the Empire. So it makes sense with games like that, but it wouldn't make sense with KOTOR.

Now Duel of the Fates is a different story....

Lets also not forget that KOTOR II would be coming out in February and Star Wars: Episode III comes out in May. Even if KOTOR II is delayed to after Episode III. Don't through out the possibility that KOTOR II could feature some Episode III music. By then John Williams would be done with his EP3 Soundtrack. Infact he starts on it in late Fall (November) and would be finished sometime in December.

Episode III is going to be the darkest SW movie to date and KOTOR II seems like its going to be pretty dark (Atleast darker then KOTOR). So some of the EP3 music could fit well with KOTOR II.