I love this game

ctn2003

Fetch quests are a staple of quest based games. I don't mind them as long as they with the story. I think The Witcher did a good job with them- you were picking stuff up for folks that asked for them as you went along anyway. Kind of like "Oh, I was in the area and picked these up for you. Give me money now" and everyone is happy.

They are but only if they are made interesting. My point was that newer games don't make them interesting and even worse make them like in MMOs about hunting down X of Y.

In BG1, a fetch quest didn't really feel like one often, more like part of the world. BG2 barely had fetch quests, I cannot remember many of them.

Fair. I enjoyed the Dragon Egg fetch quest. I'd be good with it if they all had a bit more story to them like that.

i wish more games had more of the dnd type cutseanc that poe has

I would also like to compliment the graphic artists...

Id like to buy a beer for whoever made the rogue-disengage-thing (as of V1.0. Havent played since so maybe it changed.)

is that the thing from the first doom game your icon always scares me lol

It has kind of always reminded me of those enemies in Doom, even though they only had one eye, etc. It's the mouth, methinks. :)

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

I just got back in to the game a few days ago. Hadn't played the newest update. I'm liking it more and more. Maybe it's bc I'm understanding the spells better (I tended to use spells sparingly in ie games, as I never liked resting 16 hours in a fortress I was assaulting).

I hope they add back skills as independent from talents, but I agree with OP- the game is coming along,