I was bored [More UI lololz]

Sensuki

Yep, if they let us drag them around and then lock their positions, so we don't drag them accidentally. I don't know if that won't be too much work though.

No need for something as fancy as dragging :p. Just a selection portraits position 1, log position 2, etc, really simple for the non-solid UI, not too difficult for the solid either.

Yep, if they let us drag them around and then lock their positions, so we don't drag them accidentally. I don't know if that won't be too much work though.

No need for something as fancy as dragging :p. Just a selection portraits position 1, log position 2, etc, really simple for the non-solid UI, not too difficult for the solid either.

I think dragging might be easier than using preset positions, but I can't say.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

Current style HUD without retarded wasting of space:

WMISwEe.jpg

And yes, the area where the level up button would be is taken up by status effects, no reason why the level up button couldn't just be added to the status effect bar always in the top left position.

Edited by Sensuki
  • Like 1

Disagree with the implication that non-utilised space is "wasted".

Agree that the log would be far better if situated on the left, particularly given the need to refer to it so bloody often.

• Like 1

Current style HUD without retarded wasting of space:

WMISwEe.jpg

And yes, the area where the level up button would be is taken up by status effects, no reason why the level up button couldn't just be added to the status effect bar always in the top left position.

Not how I would do it, but it isn't that bad.  I wouldn't mind it, but I still prefer what is in game now.  Better than other UI's posted lately.

Thinking about how Obsidian has designed some classes it is going to be hard to do a "great" UI.  Mages/Priests are seriously handicapped by class design being based on spell levels.

Edited by Karkarov

I totally agree. 

I think Obsidian should *seriously* consider implementing a way to easily tease appart at least Offensive and defensive spells. IE games used RED, BLUE, GREEN or WHITE colours to easily distinguish between (offensive, defensive, protection, buff) spells. The current spell icons in PoE look nice but they're impractical. 

Also, while it makes sense that different level spells are separated by levels in the spell book, it's useless to have a level-based separation in the main combat interface. Splitting the spells in categories would be MUCH more practical. 

However, this is currently not the case, and I always find myself having to mouse over all the different spells for many seconds to see their effects every time i want to cast a spell

You can use the TAB key to make tooltips appear instantly, BUUUUUUUUUUUT tab annoyingly has 3 functions in Pillars of Eternity rather than one, and interacting with a UI element is not separated from the game world, so it also brings up every tooltip on the screen and every highlightable object.

In the IE games if you moused over a UI element and pressed TAB, it would remove the tooltip delay of the UI element, and nothing more.

I prefer how I did it in the IE games, tooltip delay so no crap popups up unless I specifically want it to, and TAB to speed things up.

I think leveraging such muscle memory is important.

I'm also used to the way it is in the IE games, but found the tooltip delay controls, and it seems to fix my problem, also gives me more information that pressing tab over an ability in the IE games does.

A Custom Editor for Deadfire's Data:
eFoHp9V.png

There's a tooltip delay control in PE too, although it (annoyingly) controls all tooltips, even Combat ones.

I have made frequent requests about splitting the TAB key functions, and for different tooltip sliders.

Edited by Sensuki