Inventory Mod [16 Slots]

Sensuki

edit: I will most definitely use a mod for infinite camping supplies, that **** is obnoxious. I have the self control not to abuse it, unlike most people it seems.

Well now Gfted1 will no longer complain about them ;)

Honestly, I rather like the camping restrictions. I used to hate how you could rest anywhere in NWN2. Resting should be at least something of a big deal IMO.

• Like 2

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I like them too, although I think set resting spots a la KotC would have been fun as well

Hopefully they fix the length of the adventuring day though, because resting every few encounters isn't that fun atm - can't wait to try the new Health system.

• Like 3

Now if someone replaces the item icons with BG2 item sketches... :yes:

I rather like the item icons. They could be bigger though.

Thanks for the mod Sensuki. While I dont have a problem with the inventory system having a more spacious per-character inventory just feels better. Its mostly the rectangular two rows. It just FEELS better, like its not so scramped in there anymore.

There should be a more noticeable separation between each character´s inventory though, either with a thicker separation or a darker line. Preferably the darker line as the current inventory height just barely allows for a sixth character and even then I think hes hidden. As it is right now it just looks like one massive inventory, which is kinda iffy.

Also, congrats on first PoE mod ever I guess?

I'm more concerned about how moving items around feels worse than the IE games. Obviously when the UI delay and stuff is fixed it will be a bit better but it's still the same amount of mouse clicks but more awkward to use IMO.

How so? I watched your video on it, but you only used the mouse. I should think moving an item from one character to another would normally involve the keyboard, just like in IE.

Nah it's not the first - someone else made a mod that has a "gold cheat" where Dengler the innkeeper gives you 500gp, but this would be the first one where someone actually modified the source code and posted it publicly. That was by simply modifying the conversation files.

Liston made his own mod with some stuff in it and told me what he used to do it, and then I made this one.

How so? I watched your video on it, but you only used the mouse. I should think moving an item from one character to another would normally involve the keyboard, just like in IE.

People used their keyboard to move items in the IE games o_O

@Sensuki do you think it will be possible to mod item sketches ala BG2 into item descriptions? Or is it too early to tell?

Don't know, but I think that would require modifying the item format in the code, and then the item files themselves. Might be trickier.

Edited by Sensuki

That still requires keyboard presses :p - should see my muscle memory for when I move items around in the IE games, I do it with lightning precision.

Not me, but some people like to play one handed with coffee/booze/cigarettes in the other xD

• Like 1

That still requires keyboard presses :p - should see my muscle memory for when I move items around in the IE games, I do it with lightning precision.

Not me, but some people like to play one handed with coffee/booze/cigarettes in the other xD

Coffee - I take mine intravenously these days

Booze - There are hats for that

Cigarettes - I guess just glue it to your lip (I don't smoke, so not an issue for me).

There's almost no excuse for not using both hands. Almost. But I'm not going to go there.

Edited by Marceror

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

I much prefer using the keyboard. It's easier on the wrist.

Though unequipping an item on one character and equipping it on another requires 5 mouse clicks, while with keyboard it's 2 mouse clicks and 1 key. Definitely more efficient. :)

Btw, holding a cigarette doesn't require the whole hand. ^^

I get your point though. Using only the mouse should still feel smooth.

@Headbomb

does it? I'll have to fix that - going to bed now, but I'll have a look when I get up. I only changed the number of the max slots.

What does the bug look like btw?

I'll have to check to see what looting looked like in the IGN video, as they may have actually changed it. If they've made it smaller to not account for the whole 16 slots then that will be tricky.

Edited by Sensuki

Looks like this

post-32092-0-70189700-1410912404_thumb.jpg

The Looting UI opens up as usual, but for a microsecond, then it gets shoved in the lower-left corner, with what looks like the max integer of some X-bit number for the remaining "free inventory spaces" count.

Edited by Headbomb

We have already changed the base inventory to 16 slots a few days ago on our end. We agree that it feels better.

Also please don't report any bugs if you are going to use modded DLLs. Changing the DLL can introduce new bugs, which can cause confusion on our side and potentially slow us down.

• Like 14

Follow me on twitter - @adam_brennecke

Did anyone report bugs based on mods? If so that would be quite silly.

No kidding, we would not make this mistake...

Grumpiness aside, I'm thrilled they decided to go with 16 slots per toon!

Edited by PrimeHydra

Ask a fish head

Anything you want to

They won't answer

(They can't talk)