Unfortunately I do not have access to the beta so I had some questions if anybody has tested this stuff out about druids.

1.When Spirit shifting, What are the differences in the forms? The wiki descriptions give almost no information on how they function in combat.

2. Since the Bear form appears to give you armor, how does spirit shifting affect what you have equipped? Does each form give you a different armor value separate from what you are wearing, or is the bear form the only one that changes your armor?

3. What are the different special abilities the forms get? 

4. Does each form do a different type of damage, like piercing, slashing, crushing.... and if so which does what?

5. Are the unarmed attacks in the spirit forms any good?

Any other information you might have about the forms I failed to ask about would be welcome. I'm just curious to know what these forms actually do and I figured by now somebody has tested them out.

1. Game doesn't give any better feedback than you have already.

2. I think there is a difference in stuff like Deflection. It improves your chance to avoid hits.

3. Wolf gets a roar I think, Boar can activate regeneration, Stag gets barbarian-like AoE attack.

Cat can activate faster attack rate. Bear is just tough.

4. Yes. Bear or Stag does slashing, Boar piercing, ecetera.

5. No, the seem a bit underpowered to me in terms of dealing damage. Good for more protection though. But hey - beta.

Edited by Shadenuat

1. Game doesn't give any better feedback than you have already.

2. I think there is a difference in stuff like Deflection. It improves your chance to avoid hits.

3. Wolf gets a roar I think, Boar can activate regeneration, Stag gets barbarian-like AoE attack.

Cat can activate faster attack rate. Bear is just tough.

4. Yes. Bear or Stag does slashing, Boar piercing, ecetera.

5. No, the seem a bit underpowered to me in terms of dealing damage. Good for more protection though. But hey - beta.

Thanks for responding

So you still get the benefit of whatever your druid is outfitted with then? (other than weapon)

So other than the bear is tough and the special abilities they all attack the same?(other than damage types)

Even though you can't use the Weapon while shifted if you have it equipped do you get it's effect? Probably not?

Nobody knows? you just can't tell?

Anybody else think this game could give a bit more information about what's going on under the hood so these abilities can be properly gauged?

Are these forms even really functional or are they really just cosmetic and kind of a gimmick with like one special ability?

Edited by Zansatsu

1). Once making a Druid with a from you can see their special ability once formed, but I didn't look at the stats page to see if things changed there. Nor did I look at the forms' damage type. However, the boar shape gives a duration buff that works like the fighter's stamina gain, stag gives an AoE cone attack (fairly small ,but good for melee clusters), I can't remember the bear and didn't try the others. The bear may be a passive boost to DT.

2-5 I will look into these more later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

• Like 1

So you still get the benefit of whatever your druid is outfitted with then? (other than weapon)

Well the character list says so I believe. Either that or all forms have innate damage resistance.

I don't think you get weapon effect. Otherwise Firebrand spell would work with shapeshift.

For now forms do not change gameplay as dramatically as in IE games where turning bear gave you 18 str and 3 attacks per round.

You can cast spells while shifted, yes?

So can you cast firebrand while shifted and use a fire-added claw attack?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

fair enough - I was picturing 'fire-claws' as a substitute but it's not that important

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Well I say this because I have nothing to go on, they are incredibly vague on what any of this does and I don't have access myself, but it seems the spirit shifting isn't really much of anything other than access to one more type of skill but with the loss of a weapon and it's stats? So rather its just a cosmetic change.

Edited by Zansatsu

Yes I would prefer spirit shifting force druid to take active part in physical combat and lock out all spells but a small set of spells like that one that drains stamina from enemies on a hit or one that terrifies enemies and does shock damage around druid. It would feel more like switching tactics actually.

Edited by Shadenuat