More information on items and Spells

So what I have noticed during my time playing PoE is that scrolls and spells have just a vague description of what they're doing. If they do damage, it is never mentioned how much damage they do and if they're buffs they never mention how exactly they're buffing you. For example, the Scroll of Protection gives you "heightened resistances" which basically could mean anything from +1 to +1.000.000

Spells, when chosen on level up, only have descriptive texts. Some of them get some information-tooltip which shows you the damage it does, but it's not all of them. The cipher's mind wave has a damage indicator, his soul shock does not, though.

Yay, my badge :3

I don't like that I'm not allowed to see spells statistic such as damage and duration before I actually "buy" this spell. There is also no info about casting range and speed. How do I make a choice when I don't see the numbers?

UI programmers have bigger fish to fry as there are more glaring priorities that need to be addressed. I'm positive UI descriptions will be put in as we get further along in the beta process.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle