Dyrford Map won't load after fight with Medreth

hank morgan

Question

Hi, This appears to be a repeatable bug. It's happened to me twice with my Cipher.

Description

Basically anytime after defeating Medreth and his crew at Dyrford I cannot return to the village after visiting any other location including buildings within Dyrford. I just get a never ending black load screen.Hitting esc on that load screen allows assess to the menu. Reloading the savegame will load the map but does not resolve the map loading bug. Visiting other maps appears to work okay.

To Reproduce.

Kill Medreth and co. Visit another location and then return to the village.

Files

I have before and after save files for the fight but I'm unable to attach them due to forum file size restrictions but please find attached my output_log.txt

Edit: After reading another thread it appears pressing space to unpause allows me to continue on.

output_log.zip

Edited by Sking

8 answers to this question

Hey Hank. So I've been trying to reproduce your issue. Need some more information. I started a New Game with a Cipher, killed Medreth and was able to transition just fine. Did you complete the Cat and Mouse quest? If you could give me some more information about how you engaged/defeated Medreth it would help a lot.

Just went back and checked. The Cat and Mouse quest is still active in my journal.

For the fight I had the standard BB party plus a custom chanter from the Inn who I had recruited only just before the fight. There was a large number of companion boars in the fight as well. BB fighter was unresponsive during the fight. Previous to the fight I had an issue where BB wizard would randomly lose his armour in between map transitions. Each time combat was initiated through dialog after both a failed attempt to lie to him and by admiting I was tried to help Nyfre escape.

Off the top of my head I used the following abilities in the fight. Fireball, escape, Antipathetic field, phantom foes, repulsing seal, interdiction, holy radiance, jolting touch, necrotic lance, fan of flames and what ever abilites a first level hired chanter has.

I'm having the same issue. I was honest with Nyrfe and told her to escape east. Medreth didn't believe me when I said she went north, fight started, Medreth and his pals died. I went to the water mill to loot the crates inside, but on going out the door, the black loading screen just stayed there. The menu is available through Esc, but the only option that stopped the black loading screen was to quit to main menu. Tried pause/unpause like the edit above mentions, no luck.

The steps I'm doing to try and reproduce this are: New Game > Speak to Medreth about Nyfre > Tell Nyfre the truth and to run for it > Fail lying to Medreth resulting in the fight > Entering the mill > Exiting the mill. I've tried multiple times with no success. If anyone can get this issue on a fresh playthrough (no Save/Load) and get me an output log, I can get this bug into the database. Otherwise it might just be chalked up with the big Save/Load issue.