Quest: Blood Legacy Aelys doesn't talk

Prometheus

Question

After I have mind wiped Aelys with my cipher and after the fight against the leader, I can't speak with Aelys. The quest log says that I should speak with her father and if I do that I tell him that I let her go, but I never said that to aelys.

To reproduce:

1. play cipher as a mc with high Per, Int and Lore

(2. Talk to the noble and take the quest

3. find out from the alchemist that she was pregnant and go to the abandoned tower. say to the man that you know that she was pregnat and say that his story isn't good.

4. Solve Ogre Quest(I killed him)

5. Talk to him again and say that she wasn't in the ogre cave, and defeat him in the fight)

6. Go to Aelys and the leader and mindwipe her.

7. After the fight try to talk to her.

I'm not sure if you need to do steps 2-5, but that's how I did this quest and got the bug.

expected behaviour:

You can talk to aelys after the fight and make a decision if you want to let her go.

5 answers to this question

When the fight ends (meaning all the cultists in the room are killed), a conversation should be automatically triggered with Aelys in which you tell her what happened and where she should go, and then she should walk off. If this is not happening for you, there's definitely a bug there. If you have any insight as to anything unusual that occurred between Wymund's dialogue and his death - some odd fight strategy, other characters still chasing you, still being in combat, etc. - that might help us track this thing down. Thank you for reporting this. 

I tried the fight a few more times and every time she didn't talk to me. I didn't save or load the game one time, the other times I saved or reloaded. All the fights were on easy and I think nothing unusual happened in those fights. I was out of combat after a few seconds after I have killed the last enemy. One time Aelys moved back to the spot she was at the beginning of the fight.

My fighting strategy was using mental binding on Wymund, attacking the right enemy with the priest and fighter. And after my cipher has cast his first mind binding, he cast another mental binding on the ranged enemy. After the right enemy is killed I kill wymund and then the enemy that was stuck by my first mental binding and last I kill the ranged enemy.

Because I have used Mental Binding some dead enemies were still standing as long as they were affected by the effect, but nobody was still standing after I defeated the last enemy.

Edit:Each time I used a different way to get to the ruin

Edited by Prometheus

When the fight ends (meaning all the cultists in the room are killed), a conversation should be automatically triggered with Aelys in which you tell her what happened and where she should go, and then she should walk off. If this is not happening for you, there's definitely a bug there. If you have any insight as to anything unusual that occurred between Wymund's dialogue and his death - some odd fight strategy, other characters still chasing you, still being in combat, etc. - that might help us track this thing down. Thank you for reporting this. 

I did get stuck in combat mode at least once in that area and I also got the 'can't rest while hostile creatures can see you' message (even though hostile creatures couldn't see me at the time). It may have been the beetles (in the next room) or guards (two rooms away) that triggered both conditions - they were all still alive. Or, it might have been that combat mode hadn't ended before the cutscene? I will try to recreate it next time I get to that quest.

(I have never heard Aelys say a word - either in the ruins or at the inn.)