The beta-praise-only thread: What you like and love about the beta build!

I would like to praise how the game has so many controversial design decisions, not because they are different, but because they are bizarre.

That is what I was really looking for in a spiritual successor to the IE games. Thank you.

You always get at least one guy who can't keep his disappointment out of a positive only thread. I'll tell you.

At least, this sounds like a fully sarcastic post. Sorry if I got that wrong.

"Now to find a home for my other staff."
My Project Eternity Interview with Adam Brennecke

Feels like arriving home, sure, somebody moved the furniture around and gave the walls a new paint job, but it's still home. :)

So very pretty, nice dialog & side quests. Exploring the areas feels fun, reminds me of scouring all those maps in BG.

The combat on hard was pretty brutal in the beginning but I think I'm getting the hang of it now with a monk character.

I'm not that far ingame yet, so just a few first impressions:

- I really, really like that we get hand-painted portraits instead of just renders of the character's head

- it's nice to see every weapon the characters have ready on their 3d model

- I'm not much of a tactician and after the first (catastrophic) fights against those bugs in the woods I desperately wanted to have AI-scripts for party members (like in BG) so I could concentrate on just one character in combat --- but after playing some more the fights actually play quite well, even for me, when not simply rushing ahead ;) so a great plus for this, too

Still, having the option to have the party partly AI-controlled might be a nice addition.