Chargen: Rotation and Zoom

This is nothing important really........

But!

I always try to rotate and zoom in and out in any chargen~ was kind of sad I couldn't zoom in and out on the Wasteland 2 chargen (where it is a bit more important as you can take your own Custom Portraits by taking a screenshot/photo of your character).

It's a tiny bit of feature that's just for flavor really, but if it is too much hassle implementing (and not really needed in Pillars of Eternity unless Obsidian plans on implementing a similar feature like inXile's WL2).

I have to say it's pretty misleading. It looks like a singular word, and not an abbreviated form of a phrase. I mean, at least use "CharGen." That way, I can tell it's probably two words shortened and stuck together. When I first saw "chargen," I just kept trying to figure out who was running fullspeed at whom, or who was issuing fees to someone else. :)

• Like 3

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Woot! There's nothing worse than picking a hairstyle in a character creation UI without rotation, only to later find out that it has weird, goofy pigtails on the back or something. Or a big skull hairpin on the back you couldn't see.

Oh, speaking of character creation... another pet peeve of mine, if I might add: Make actual long-hair variants of hairstyles, where applicable. It kinda sucks when there are 20 different hairstyles, and they range from "crew cut" to "6 inches long." 8P

• Like 1

Should we not start with some Ipelagos, or at least some Greater Ipelagos, before tackling a named Arch Ipelago? 6_u

Don't get me wrong; I make no assumptions about its ease of implementation. I merely find it ridiculously frustrating when the "long" hair variants are like 5 inches longer than the short-hair ones. I think the Elder Scrolls games are pretty bad culprits of this. It's particularly bad when the "long" hair variants appear to be just that: variants. You get "short hair with a high ponytail... now, the SAME hair, but with longer hair around the ponytail." Etc. Eez crazeh.

Hair is always important.  :)

As are eyebrows ^^

For role-playing or otherwise, they are somewhat definitive (says this former, once-upon-a-time, cosmetologist). 

That said, for the most part, I care more about what the avatars look like in this particular game, me thinks.  While the graphics are beautiful, I am not loving the 3D models during character creation. It could be an adjustment issue from old-school games I still play. I found the ones in Divinity Original Sin were a bit stark as well, though more appealing to my eye. Then again... after character creation I don't look at them much.

Edited by Sondai