Is there gonna be rag doll physics?

The OP seriously thinks you can Kickstarter a game with UE4 with about... 10 people (indie-dev size?).

What... 10 year development cycle? How many millions are needed for that?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

The OP seriously thinks you can Kickstarter a game with UE4 with about... 10 people (indie-dev size?).

Actually UE4 is so amazingly streamlined now that 4 people can create a top notch game in 2 years, you should really look into it. That was the whole philosophy behind its creation.

Not sure if serious...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Actually UE4 is so amazingly streamlined now that 4 people can create a top notch game in 2 years, you should really look into it. That was the whole philosophy behind its creation.

I really don't understand the point you think you are making here.

PoE is already half done. Do you expect them to scrap everything and do it in UE4?

Actually you can get Unreal 4 for 19$/month and 5 % cut from profits as simple standard subscription and I have heard only good things about it's usability. Also using Unreal Engine doesn't mean you have to make AAA quality game with it. It just has been too expensive and too much hassle for indie developers so far and that's part of the reason why Unity hit the jackpot with their engine.

I'm glad Epic and Crytek smelled the money Unity is making and jumped on the indie bandwagon with reasonable pricing. Little competition is never bad.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

Actually you can get Unreal 4 for 19$/month and 5 % cut from profits as simple standard subscription and I have heard only good things about it's usability. Also using Unreal Engine doesn't mean you have to make AAA quality game with it. It just has been too expensive and too much hassle for indie developers so far and that's part of the reason why Unity hit the jackpot with their engine.

I'm glad Epic and Crytek smelled the money Unity is making and jumped on the indie bandwagon with reasonable pricing. Little competition is never bad.

Hassat's talking about the sheer scope of resources, not just the engine.

Those devs that spent years with 100 persons teams must be realy useless then...

• Like 3

It's not 5% of profits it's 5% of sales silly. So on selling a copy on steam you would be taking in .65 cents per dollar. So On a 5 dollar game you make 3.25. At 6k copies you paid them the price of a unity license. Your sales are at 30k at that point and you can publish with a free unity license if your business has less than 100k a year sales. I think there is a 12k min on sales of product before the 5% kicks in but I'm assuming that's retro active.

That's not including the monthly fee. I just did the math. But correct me if wrong on any part of it.

Edited by Fatback

How the hell is this not great??

I'm really getting sick of this stagnation and active sabotage of progress.

Here however, you have top side view, with large verity of different actions and creatures, with main goal is to distinguish each as much as possible in away that would be best viewed from our preservative, so it seem to me what you suggest is really counter productive.

And that's why Titan Quest with ragdoll physics feels much better than Torchlight 2??

That's why Diablo 3 and Grim Dawn feel much better than Path of Exile?

You have to have rag doll physics in games, emphasis on the PHYSICS as in physicality which brings immersion to the world!

I'm a huge fan of games like Diablo 3 and Titan Quest and like the rag doll physics in these games. Not because they bring realism to the games, but because they're hilarious to see a chandelier drop on a group of monsters and see them fly a hundred metres in the air, to hit someone and see them fly across the room or in the case of Diablo 3 kill someone and see them stretch across the screen like a rubber band. Dead rubber band guy on the screen. :lol: Obviously something wrong with the physics in the game, but funny nonetheless. It's totally ridiculous and fun at the same time.

And it doesn't even make sense that a chandelier would make someone fly in the air. Seriously, think about it. A chandelier drops on someone in real life and it would crush them. Not make them fly in the air. Personally, I don't want to see rag doll physics in PoE because it would turn what I believe a serious game into something comical and detract from the realism they're going for. I do want to see chunky death though, because that was good to see in the original IE games.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist II

I do want to see chunky death though, because that was good to see in the original IE games.

I don't rea;lly want to see enemies flying to bits like they did in baldurs gate, to me that's just daft.

Some fallout style gory deaths wouldn't go amiss though...