XBox 360 Game breaking bug - Clyde's Tower

macdonc2

Question

I'm stuck in Clyde's tower and facing a progress stopping bug.  On the floor where there are is a Nazi adult, Nazi kid, and some Nazi cat's it appears that you need to destroy the leg of the platform to be able to climb a ladder to advance.  The leg, like other breakable object, has orange cracks.  When I try to smash the leg with the weapon I hear a sound, but it does not break.  I check a walkthrough video on IGN to confirm that this is what the player is supposed to do, and in the video the leg breaks and the platform bends to it's side.  I'm not seeing any postings of people having this issue, but I'm surprised this bug has made it's way into the production release.

I need help with this bug or I cannot finish the game!  10 hours in!

post-96573-0-04709400-1394253101_thumb.jpg

10 answers to this question

Had the same glitch - you don't have to go back far, so you should have an autosave that will do (it saves 3) - but you basically have to redo the room, without leaving until that post is down. 

If you've seen videos, at least you can make the fight easier for yourself the 2nd time around. 

I will try, but for some reason the time got messed up on my box, so the autosaves are kinda off.  I haven't been able to progress so far and have reported it to Ubisoft.  No answer as of yet.  I've never encountered this in my time of gaming until now.  Seems sloppy somehow...

This happened to me as well.

It happened after I went for the achievement "knock out 3 enemies outside of combat with a single fart"

There are 3 Nazi cats, 2 child Nazi's and 1 adult Nazi that run towards you after you break that wooden barrier.

If you time the attack right you can kill all 6 enemies without ever fighting them. After I did this, the achievement popped and I couldn't break the leg of the platform.

I reloaded the checkpoint and beat them normally, glitch was gone after that.

If you didn't keep an old save or checkpoint, you're basically screwed and have to wait for a patch... it's probably faster to just start your game over in all honesty. I ripped through the game on my 2nd play through in 6 hours.

Yeah...  Still no real response from Ubisoft after contacting support.  I don't know if I really want to pump another full run through in, though, when I'm so close to the end already.  Hopefully they realize that it is a major bug and fix it quickly.

Thanks...  Guess I just have to wait until then, but this is pretty disappointing.  I don't recall ever running into such a critical bug in any game - it doesn't present a very sound production team.  Please send an e-mail to me (via my account info) when it's ready.

I have a problem in the stairs that lead to that room. The first time I got there with no problems, but I decided to go back down and kill the enemies that were outside the tower. Now, everytime I try to reach that room, I climb de stairs and the screen gets stuck on "loading". I can hear sounds as if I had entered a battle, and my HP and PP indicators appear, but the screen doesn't change. If I reload my game, the characters don't appear and I can't do anything. If i reload it one more time, the characters appear but I still get stuck after climbing the stairs. Will there be a fix for this? I'd hate to lose all my progress so close to the ending.

Thanks

Have you tried going out of the tree, go around to the back, shrinking down the hole and climbing the pipe to the second level?  I have NO CLUE if it'll work, just wondering if (A) you try to load a different screen if it'll help and (b) if you haven't fought the mice if and you do if that will help.

Other question, do you have an autosave from the start of Clyde's fortress you could restart from (so you loose only the first part of the fortress you've done)?

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man