Are guns still in?

I'm sure everyone the OP was just distracted by that guy's rad hat.

Weirdly, that is actually what distracted me!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Oh there's guns in the game? This is cool, it's like "Hey, let's get Arcanum all up in this ****". I like.

The main question, however, is: Can we fight with a gun in one hand and a sword in the other? Because that's the raddest thing.

Rad?

I remember using that word, like in 1986.

Like?

I remember using that word in the '90s. For real.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

After checking out the trailer I couldn't detect anything that looked like firearms

Not that I don't understand anyone not noticing them - because they're on-screen for all of about 1 second in a quick camera pan - but they are in the teaser trailer. :)

teasertrailerguns1.jpg

Ah...that feeling....

magic021.jpg

P.S. The ** is just a dream, it's not something I think Obsidian has enough economy to pull off but yeah, a realistic animation reaction to hits and attacks and all that would be awesome. Like, if the Ogre smashes down with his club, and it's a Graze, the character would perhaps take a hit but be knocked back too. If it's a Block, you'd see the character parry or something. If it's a miss, the character would dodge, and if it's a straight on hit you'd see the character get smashed down.

I wonder when a studio will attempt something like this.

Sui generis is attempting it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuOzmyED5qA#t=603

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqaRqih7Cuw

Huzzah! Loving it :D 

EDIT: That's what I've been talking about regarding Eternity. Would've been awesome to see that sort of combat in Eternity, except that it's all scripted combat instead of ARPG combat. Don't know if I'm using the right term with "scripted" there but I think you get it.

In essence: Clicking an enemy would make the character perform the actions that you see the Player performing in Sui Generis. Sui Generis requires Player Skill in this sense, but clicking the enemy would require the Character Skill to defeat an enemy.

What I've seen from Witcher 3 as well, it seems it is attempting something similar.

Edited by Osvir