Adding population dynamics to Fallout 1 and 2.

Prosper

I took the rules from the Game of Life and as you can see it can play out on the global map. Meaning we could have a system of population propagation/control.

of course the game should update the celluarlar automata much more slowly so it's realistic.

this simulation can run in the background and only when a player is in a square that is alive should we get more indepth .

let's not derp ourselves too tightly. for example why not start out simply letting this improve the chances of a random of a encounter if you are in an alive block?

more:

1. avatar_male_s.png crojipjip:
    this could improve fallout 3 and new vegas too btw
  2. avatar_male_s.png crojipjip:
    let this determine spawning points and random encounters
  3. avatar_male_s.png crojipjip:
    you don't kill what was spawned but you wouldn't spawn unless a red block existed.

new vegas example:

Finally:
A game of life can happen inside each cell. this will be the actual entities themselves in that cell. of course it runs as long as the cell is red.
Edited by Prosper

redacted

I believe the animals should actually engage in mating displays, and mating. You could get a perk for perving them, David Attenborough style.

• Like 3

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

A population simulation which doesn't take into account a scarcity of resources vital for life and a radioactive environment, or that humans are not mer-people who emerge from the seas isn't particularly suitable for anything.

Edited by AGX-17

A population simulation which doesn't take into account a scarcity of resources vital for life and a radioactive environment, or that humans are not mer-people who emerge from the seas isn't particularly suitable for anything.

Unless...

..Unless you designed it from the perspective of a Cthulhoid  Deep One.

Then it would make PERFECT SENSE.

I think this explains a lot.

• Like 1

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Is Prosper a Deep One? If so, that would explain why his models tend to look like aberrations.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands