Hoops 13-14

Leferd

And the Tank Brigade has has mobilized in Toronto. Plus a really nifty salary dump in trading Gay to Sacramento. Both teams sgould benefit to some extent.

It looks like the Raptors are not finished dumping - Kyle Lowry is probably next.  He's on an expiring contract and is a UFA next year. 

• Like 1

And the Tank Brigade has has mobilized in Toronto. Plus a really nifty salary dump in trading Gay to Sacramento. Both teams sgould benefit to some extent.

It looks like the Raptors are not finished dumping - Kyle Lowry is probably next.  He's on an expiring contract and is a UFA next year. 

Brad Stevens is way too competent a coach and he's ruining the Celtics.  Damn you, Brad, this is the year you WANT to bottom out.  Danny Ainge needs to pull him aside and explain the concept of rebuilding through the draft during what's being projected to be one of the best drafts ever.  They did lose their last 2, so maybe Danny has already had a little talk with him.

:lol:

Edited by Keyrock
  • Like 1

sky_twister_suzu.gif.bca4b31c6a14735a9a4b5a279a428774.gif
🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

Brad Stevens is way too competent a coach and he's ruining the Celtics.  Damn you, Brad, this is the year you WANT to bottom out.  Danny Ainge needs to pull him aside and explain the concept of rebuilding through the draft during what's being projected to be one of the best drafts ever.  They did lose their last 2, so maybe Danny has already had a little talk with him.

:lol:

Yep. Not with a draft that includes Ender Wiggin, Dante Exum, Jabari Parker, Marcus Smart, and Julius Randle as potential Franchise players.

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

"P-O-T-A-T-O-E" - Dan Quayle

So, do you folks think the Blazers can keep this up, or do you think they'll come back down to earth at some point?

Rip City is back. Aldridge is a beast. I love Lillard's game. He's Smart, savvy, great attitude and bring his a Oakland moxie with him.

Matthews and Batum are really coming into their own this year.

I don't necessarily see them as top four in the West though.

Spurs

OKC

Golden State

LAC

Rip City

Houston

Dallas

Lakers

...Flame suit on.

• Like 2

"Things are funny...are comedic, because they mix the real with the absurd." - Buzz Aldrin.

So, do you folks think the Blazers can keep this up, or do you think they'll come back down to earth at some point?

Rip City is back. Aldridge is a beast. I love Lillard's game. He's Smart, savvy, great attitude and bring his a Oakland moxie with him.

Matthews and Batum are really coming into their own this year.

I don't necessarily see them as top four in the West though.

Spurs

OKC

Golden State

LAC

Rip City

Houston

Dallas

Lakers

...Flame suit on.

Agreed.  They're definitely a playoff team, they may even get home court for the first round, but I don't see the Blazers getting the 1 or 2 seed.  The Spurs and Thunder will leapfrog them eventually.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

"Any organization created out of fear must create fear to survive." - Bill Hicks

I'm going to go ahead and say this but as a point guard, Lillard is better offensively than Westbrook and a healthy D-Rose. Only behind CP3 and Curry.

Lillard's Offensive Rating is 119. Westbrook's is 101.

In other words, Lillards mere presence on the court allows his team to score 119pts per 100 possessions. Westbrook's team scores 101 pts per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. That's a pretty significant margin.

"Lillard's Offensive Rating is 119. Westbrook's is 101.

In other words, Lillards mere presence on the court allows his team to score 119pts per 100 possessions. Westbrook's team scores 101 pts per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. That's a pretty significant margin. "

Irrelevant garbage. L0L 'Offensive Rating' L0L         

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

So Kobe is out again.  Same leg, too.  I hate to say it (I don't like Kobe personally, but I respect him as an athlete), but this is almost certainly the end of Kobe as an elite player.  

• Like 1

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

What has happened to the Warriors?  If the playoffs were to start today (which they obviously don't) Golden State would not be in them.  Now, I'm not suggesting the Warriors won't make the playoffs, because 3/4 of the season is still ahead of us and I can't see Golden State not making it in, but they've seriously plummeted in the standings and are making things difficult for themselves to get home court in the 1st round.

Meanwhile, the Thunder beat the Spurs in San Antonio for their 9th straight win.  Durant had an off night shooting, but it didn't matter because both Westbrook and Reggie Jackson had great nights.  Reggie Jackson has been terrific so far this year, particularly over the last 3 weeks or so.  He's rounding into that 3rd prolific scorer that OKC desperately need if they're going to make a serious run at the title.

Edited by Keyrock

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸

I'm trying not to worry too much about the Warriors.  They definitely were missing Igualda (sp?) for a few weeks though.  Right now they are handling the Lakers, so that is good news.

It's a tough conference.  They haven't had much trouble with the sub-500 teams, so I think it will balance out by the end of the season.  

Warriors have bench scoring problems and the injury to Iguoudala didn't help. They are 11-3 with him in the lineup and 4-10 with him out.

They'll be fine but they really need to pick up additional scoring from the backcourt out of someone not named Curry or Thompson.

Warriors have bench scoring problems and the injury to Iguoudala didn't help. They are 11-3 with him in the lineup and 4-10 with him out.

They'll be fine but they really need to pick up additional scoring from the backcourt out of someone not named Curry or Thompson.

Yep, it's easy to forget what a great bench they had last year.

He's back now. But my feeling is he probably came back too early when the Warriors started to go into panic mode. You never know with hamstring injuries. He's been a steadying influence, but not playing like his old self as of yet.

I'm still optimistic on the Warriors; They'll get on a good run and eventually start winning the heartburn/nailbiters. Their peripheral stats are still outstanding.

Thunder smoked the Knicks by 29 at the Garden today.  The Thunder winning isn't at all a surprise, though the margin of victory might be.  Westbrook had a triple double and both Durant and Ibaka has highly efficient scoring nights.  The continued development of the Thunder's bench (they actually have a better +/- than the starters on average) has allowed Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka to play far less minutes, which is great for resting their legs for later in the regular season and the playoffs.

🇺🇸RFK Jr 2024🇺🇸