Allan plays Amnesia: Dark Descent

alanschu

With all my friends playing A Machine For Pigs, I decided to finally play the first one. 

Apologize for the plosives with the mic, although trying to fix it for part 2 made it much worse haha.

Edited by alanschu
  • Like 2

The mic is pretty bad Allan, hope you get it fixed soon. In the meantime, prepare yourself to get scared ****less. I would also advise against playing drunk, unless you desire nightmares.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

The mic may be bad, but at least you don't talk incessantly every second, which I appreciate. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I need to catch up on these when I get home. Saw the first one yesterday night, looking forward to watch the next video or two today :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Before I watch it, what's your policy on spoilers/gameplay tips? I may have some, I played this game to ****ing death.

Prefer none if possible.  I don't mind you commenting on areas I have been to in the past, however.

Alright, I shall only provide one non-spoiling general gameplay tip regarding the puzzles in the game:

When in doubt, throw a rock at it.

Edited by TrueNeutral

I enjoyed you messing around trying to figure out how to set off the explosive because that's exactly what I did the first time I played it. "Hrm, what if I get away, will it explode? Does it need a fuse?" It was almost Deja Vu. It was before I realized the first rule of Amnesia was to chuck a rock at it.

Your nervous laugh when scary things happen is entertaining.

Also, I don't know if you've recorded part 8 yet but here's a fairly ambigious hint if you need it.

Look out the windows.

I hope that helps you a little.

Edited by TrueNeutral

Ah, the Brute in the sewers. Doesn't matter what you do, there's a trigger that spawns him right behind you. It's beautiful, nobody expects that one. You finished your puzzle, you've distracted the monster. What game just sends him barrelling right after you anyway? Extremely well-paced right there.