The Obsidian Cup

melkathi

To be fair the only reason Walsingham didn't win that match outright was because of unlucky dice rolls at really inopportune times. He broke into gaps in my cage more than once and a few near- certain Amazon touchdowns were ruined by a bad pickup or dodge roll.  

Edited by Serrano
  • Like 2

A gallant comment, but that is bloodbowl, after all. :)

• Like 2

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Match 2 starting this moment:

Hurlyburly vs Khaine's Red Hand

What the who now?

Who  is in charge of those teams?

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well that match turned out rather interesting:

Khaine's Red Hands, coached by yours truly invited Hurlyburly, coached by a new coach on the scene, Hurlshot, for their first game in this league.

Hurlyburly won the toss and chose to recieve. The kick send the ball into the deep end and a ghoul fumbled for the ball.

The dark elves didn't lose time, imediatly pressing ahead into the oppositions half, sensing an opening.

But their drive was cut short when the lone Witch Elf tried to push a zombie off the field and was instead knocked down and had to be carried off on a stretcher K.O.

The undead tried to push through the middle. Both teams just piled onto the ball and somehow a dark elf was spat out of the melee holding the ball. Making a run for the end zone the first half ended with a 1-0.

The second half started extremly well for the dark elf team. They recieved the ball and, using their speed, made a push down the right field. the witch elf was back on her feet and chanting maniacly was throwing ghouls to the fans. There was little the undead could do to prevent the 2-0.

And then things went bad for Khaine's Red Hands. The first player beaten to near death could still be saved by the team apothecary, but that did not save the second lineman beaten to a pulp. With half the dark elf team lying prone on the pitch, the undead pushed through, scoring the 2-1 just before the referee blew the whistle to end the match.

After a mix up with the winnings, Khaine's Red Hands only recieved 40k, leaving them with too little cash to hire a replacement for their dead player.

The dark elf team won the match, but the undead deffinitly came out better prepared for the next confrontation.

Khaine's Red Hands - Hurlyburly

2               1

Edited by melkathi

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Who do you think is in charge of Hurlyburly?   :p

It was a fun match up, I had little idea what was happening.  I think I killed some people, and lost 2-1 to Melk.  I'll leave the dramatic retelling to him.

You killed two people though I saved one with my apothecary :)

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Good effort for your first match, Hurlo. Sounds like you went for it, and even scored.

-Elwood Blues

With Wals I'm not even going to bother with the ball, I'm just going to have 9 players completely surround his guys one at a time and beat them into submission.   :p

An excellent strategy. I shall return the compliment. With more baby oil.

-Elwood Blues

I am disappointed none of you mooks wanted to play today!

I've been working on my single-player necro team. Boy do they end up dying a lot! But I've gone a whole season only conceding one touchdown. The Gouged Eye took me down to half players, and managed to wriggle a goblin through.

-Elwood Blues

Speaking of which, when would be a good time for you Melkathi?

Whenever really. I have a lot to do, but I am at home in front of the computer writting. I can squeeze in a break whenver fits you best. I'm at easter european time (CET+1)

if you are on steam, just add me (same name as here). I'll have it on while doing other stuff.

Edited by melkathi

You should have sent me a message earlier Wals, I would have been able to squeeze in a game. 

Cool. What steam name are you using?

EDIT: [sODOFF]Hurlshot. >_<

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

There is a clamor.

What started as no more than a solitary mumbling quickly overtakes the masses.

Then the rumble unifies into one clear chant: Match! Match!

Blood Bowl fever has the fans in a firm grip it seems.

jbkg.jpg

This was another match where I was saved by luck rather than skill. Melkathi's defence was very good and I was moving the ball up the pitch at about one square per turn for the first half, which is quite bad if you're playing Khemri as they're one of the slowest teams in the game. At turn 7 Melkathi managed to get into the cage a knock down the ball carrier, making it impossible for me to score at that point. I got extremely lucky with a large number of blocks on turn 8 and Mel spent the second half with just over a third of his team in the injury box and as if that wasn't bad enough the game gave me a blitz kickoff result allowing me a free turn to get to the ball before he could do anything. As Melkathi said, I've probably used up all of my good fortune for this league. I'm absolutely certain if it weren't for the injuries he would have run circles around me in the second half.  

Edited by Serrano

Next game ;)

Though at least I was saved by the bell as the referee let the clock run after your touch down.

All considering I amrather proud of myself that you did not score more touchdowns in the second half. Though you being Khemri probably is part of the reason. With 5 injured a slightly faster team would have had a field day.

Am around this evening. Need to do some work, but probably do that in tandem. Otherwise good to go.

-Elwood Blues

Busy tonight. May be free tomorrow. Not sure about the weekend.

-Elwood Blues