Obsidian defiance players

Steam has a sale on Defiance for the next two days. It's cheap enough that I'm considering buying.

Anyone play regularly and do we have a group going yet? Is it worth 19 quid?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I watch the show but that's about it, I heard the game is kind of meh bordering on bad.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I play regulary on the EU server.

We have no group as I am teh only one who has so far outed himself ;)

I made a long post a while back with my impressions. Trying to dig that up.

And I posted my referal link in the Steam thread *hinthint* ;)

edit:

found my old post: here

Of course some things have been added since then. Currently the Voulge are making their first appearance in the Bay Area, adding some nasty encounters once past Mt. Tam. And it's rewind month, adding most of the story content that had ran for limited time during the last few months.

Edited by melkathi
  • Like 1

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

Thanks. Not sure if that's my thing really.

I have never got into any MMOs and I'm not sure it'd be healthy for me to do so.

EDIT: On reflection. Not sure why it didn't occur to me before.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I don't look at it as an MMO really, more on the borderlands line. The multiplayer part is very casual. But yeah, not every game is for every person. At the current price you can pretty painlessly try it out BUT: they also have a FREE TRIAL going at the moment, so ... ;)

But if you don't want to touch online games period, then that is understandable and a good reason to rule this out from the start.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

If y'all played on the 360, I might have picked up Defiance to play with you guys.  Damn you and your PC snobbery.

They got forced server segregation anyway. So not all of us could play together even if everyone did get the game :(

If y'all played on the 360, I might have picked up Defiance to play with you guys.  Damn you and your PC snobbery.

They got forced server segregation anyway. So not all of us could play together even if everyone did get the game :(

That sounds like a horrible design idea. :blink:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Really annoyed.

The friend-referal thing is bugged. So people using my recruitment link didn't count for rewards. I have to get customer support to manually hook friends up to my account. As if I was going to badger everyone now...

hah. Sounds like that's one reason it's not working. Never ceases to amaze me how companies think customer support is an optional extra.

I play Borderlands 2, but just recently the lag issue has got totally out of hand. And they haven't fixed it, so the game has gone sour for me.

-Elwood Blues

Best Buy had a sale on Defiance for the 360, so I ended up getting it.

These sales are addictive.  I end up buying games that I'm only remotely interested in as long as they convince me I'm saving $20 or so on them.

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I ... read your post as saying you play the PC version.  Oops.

I have no idea about this recruit thing you refer to.

I play the PC version. The recruit thingie is that you follow a referal link to make your trion account. But its broken anyway, so the referals dont count :p

I've never experienced that in my life as a 360 player.  It literally took an hour and a half to install/download/patch/optimize when I first put the game in the disk tray and loaded it up before I could even start playing.

Steam Flash Sale for another 5 hours.

Thanks, but once I realised it's an MMO, the real price isn't the cash cost.

-Elwood Blues

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I officially despise the MP.  I'll empty an entire magazine into someone and their energy bar is still half full, while he'll shoot me twice and I'm dead.  Rinse and repeat, no matter what gun or shield I use.

Only reason I even keep at it is because there are some pursuits associated with MP and I'm trying to (slowly) complete them.  For instance, you'd think getting 25 kills in MP wouldn't be a big deal.  Apparently for me it is.  At the rate I'm going, it's going to take a couple of weeks for me to achieve that. :banghead:

Yeah, I officially despise the MP.  I'll empty an entire magazine into someone and their energy bar is still half full, while he'll shoot me twice and I'm dead.  Rinse and repeat, no matter what gun or shield I use.

Only reason I even keep at it is because there are some pursuits associated with MP and I'm trying to (slowly) complete them.  For instance, you'd think getting 25 kills in MP wouldn't be a big deal.  Apparently for me it is.  At the rate I'm going, it's going to take a couple of weeks for me to achieve that. :banghead:

Player VS Player is suffering from some bugs, exploits and aim-bots. There apparently is a trick with a certain layout to instantly heal to full hp and shields for example. Add to that that certain infectors make for amazing sniper weapons without the need to aim...

On a normal team, facing a normal team. I get about 3 kills per match. On a good team, when things go my way, I can get double that or more. But the games when I get 0 kills because the moment I span I get slaughtered aren't that rare either :getlost:

A lot of people just keep away from it alltogether. You don't need to do all the PvP pursuits to reach 5000 ego anyway.

Edited by melkathi

The other problem is all Echelon contracts seem to be MP-related.  Some of the bigger pursuit criteria include having a high reputation with Echelon, which can only be achieved if you complete their jobs, which have been (so far) only MP for me.

As it is, I've currently got familiar status with all factions other than Echelon.

Yeah, Echelon is the player VS player faction.

I'd say keep an eye out for win X matches contracts and leave it until you have the perks you need.

What is your player vs player loadout by the way?

I use cloak as my EGO power.  As for the rest, I've honestly never found a gun combination that works well.  No matter what gun I use, it seems to take me 50 shots to kill someone.  In fact, 90% of my kills are from leeching off someone else who has already whittled the enemy down to almost no health, then finishing them off with my weak gun.

I finished a contract finally tonight, but like you said, it was one of those "Win 7 matches of [game type]" type deals.  It didn't require me to be good.  It just required me to have the good fortune of being on the winning side seven times.