Obsidian to co-develop MMORPG Skyforge with Allods team

C2B

there's nothing to miss, though, he just lists his 5 favorite games

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 2 weeks later...

"my first time in Moscow, getting myself familiarized with the city, it's awesome, blah blah blah, main reason for coming here was to discuss our work with the Allods team."

"we're looking into things we could do to help promote Skyforge in the United States."

"our part of the job is to get everything going in the United States. blah blah blah, also, give the game an "American flavor", we have a lot of experience with that kind of thing" (he means creating worlds and characters in Western RPGs, I think)

Feargus goes on talking about his impressions of Moscow, about his time in the industry, about making games20 years ago and now, about current Obsidian projects (South Park, Eternity and a third unannounced project), goes into some detail about PE, but nothing we haven't already heard, talks about Kickstarter.

• Like 5
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

• 2 weeks later...

They are not really, really working on it apparently. Or are they?

But what exactly is Obsidian doing to help? Chris Avellone explained.

"We're helping the developers in Russia assemble an American team to do the Westernised version of it," he told me at scrumptious UK game show Rezzed 2013 last weekend.

"It's not Obsidian's staff that's actually working on the game, but what we're doing is we know developers in the area that are familiar with this type of game; we can help you assemble a team, give you office space to work on that, provide the IT support, give design advice if necessary.

"But, overall, we know people that can help you guys out, so we'll assemble a small group at Obsidian to do it, and then we'll just go from there."

Edited by C2B