Multiple URLS in Posts

light487

Is there a limit to the amount of URLs in a post?

I wanted to create a "Developer Tracker" thread with about 12 URLs linking to the developers' content pages (showing posts) for easier navigation.. but it kept giving weird errors saying that I hadn't written anything.

So I tried saving it as a draft PM and yesterday it was there.. today, the draft is completely empty.. including the PM I sent to a moderator to see if they could post it for me..

It took quite a while to create that post.. so a little annoying.. but just curious if it's even possible.

I haven't been part of the discussion, but just wanted to add that it could possibly be a deliberate anti-spam measure. Brings back memories of spam bots and accounts creating posts with hundreds of links to pharmaceutical and x-rated sites ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Yes, the forum software supports it, but it's disabled in the admin settings (for good reason). If the feature were on, when you try to create a PM, the recipients textbox would have multiple lines, and you'd be able to enter one name per line.

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

Are you replying in the wrong thread humanoid? Don't think multiple urls have much to do with that (though the other thread seems more suitable).

As for the problem, I'm pretty sure I've seen topics with more than ten or so links in them, but they have been more than just a list of links. Typically some text explaining what the links are etc.

I was totally thinking of the PM thread, yeah. :facepalm:

I've never had trouble with URLs, but then I've never had occasion to post particularly many. However I have had some big issues with the way the software handles lists in general - so much so that I don't bother using list tags anymore. If the URLs were in a formalised list, maybe that's the issue?

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G