Happy Holloween

Cantousent

Happy All Hallow's Eve, everyone!

Cute costumes? weird pictures? strange stories? Share it all with us here. I'm going as Greybeard the pirate tonight, and I'll post a pic of it later. I would have gone as Brownbeard the pirate, but my beard has sadly gone grey.

An interesting fact is that October 31st is the day Nevada was admitted into the Union in 1864. That's why one of the state's monikers is "Battle Born." The state's motto is "All for Our Country." When I was a kid, we would get a day off every year at the end of October, and I always thought it was for Holloween. lol http://www.timeanddate.com/holidays/us/nevada-day

Anyway, have a safe, happy, and healthy holloween, everyone! Don't eat too much candy, but dress up and share a pic with us!

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Join the revelry at the Obsidian Plays channel:
Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

I would have gone as Brownbeard the pirate, but my beard has sadly gone grey.

That's what temporary hair dye is for. :biggrin:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Here I am, ol' Grey beard. Sadly, I look this ugly in real life also, but I did enjoy the costume. Now, I'm shaving that dreadful beard.

post-787-0-56198500-1351746439_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cantousent

Fionavar's Holliday Wishes to all members of our online community:  Happy Holidays

Obsidian Plays

Remembering tarna, Phosphor, Metadigital, and Visceris.  Drink mead heartily in the halls of Valhalla, my friends!

Happy All Hallow's Eve, everyone!

Cute costumes? weird pictures? strange stories? Share it all with us here. I'm going as Greybeard the pirate tonight, and I'll post a pic of it later. I would have gone as Brownbeard the pirate, but my beard has sadly gone grey.

An interesting fact is that October 31st is the day Nevada was admitted into the Union in 1864. That's why one of the state's monikers is "Battle Born." The state's motto is "All for Our Country." When I was a kid, we would get a day off every year at the end of October, and I always thought it was for Holloween. lol http://www.timeandda...s/us/nevada-day

Anyway, have a safe, happy, and healthy holloween, everyone! Don't eat too much candy, but dress up and share a pic with us!

Happy Halloween to you too Cantousent :)

We don't celebrate Halloween in South Africa but I did watch the remake of Fright Night so I sort of pparticipated in the spooky theme.

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Wow, I honestly didn't know you guys didn't celebrate Holloween. Well... I basically think of it as a western European holiday, and so I thought that our Aussie and NZ friends, as well as you guys in South Africa, went in for it. If I'm wrong about that, I'm merely ignorant not malicious. ...But if you guys in Europe don't celebrate the day, then most of the folks here won't have pics or stories to share. :Cant's sad sighing icon:

Obsidian Plays

Things may have changed the last decade, but I don't seem to remember anybody celebrating it (or knowing much about it) when I lived in northern Europe. Still, Happy All Hallows' Evening to those who celebrate it :skull:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Wow, I honestly didn't know you guys didn't celebrate Holloween. Well... I basically think of it as a western European holiday, and so I thought that our Aussie and NZ friends, as well as you guys in South Africa, went in for it. If I'm wrong about that, I'm merely ignorant not malicious. ...But if you guys in Europe don't celebrate the day, then most of the folks here won't have pics or stories to share. :Cant's sad sighing icon:

Don't get me wrong, people are aware of it. And we see some clubs and events that encourage a dress-up for the evening. But no one go's "trick or treating" that I know of :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

I thought that our Aussie friends

It's celebrated as in a whole bunch of kids think they can go out and get free candy. But don't have to bother dressing up.

Of the 7 door knockers I got last night, only one group was in costume. Only one group got treats.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif