I want to be a dragon

How do Dragons fit with the soul concepts? Are they soulless? Are they souled? Are they intelligent or just giant animals (frankly if their just giant animals, give us Dinosaurs instead, IMO)?

If a character could "be" a dragon, what does that mean about them? About their souls? Could the mythology of PE even have this make sense?

To me these are the questions that would need to be examined.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

How about a Cthulhu-esque creature instead of a dragon?

cthulhu.jpg

Cthulhu is the most terrifying monster in mythology and I'm sure I read somewhere they want to give PE a Lovecraft-esque feel.

^This. Please.

An unwinnable encounter where I get my ass handed to me by an Elder God? Yes Please!

fwul38.jpg

"There's a bodybag out there with that scudball's name on it, and I'm doing up the zip. Anyone who gets in my way gets a napalm enema. "

- Lister

How do Dragons fit with the soul concepts? Are they soulless? Are they souled? Are they intelligent or just giant animals (frankly if their just giant animals, give us Dinosaurs instead, IMO)?

If a character could "be" a dragon, what does that mean about them? About their souls? Could the mythology of PE even have this make sense?

Just because souls are a central theme of PE, the game shouldn't revolve entirely around souls.

Just because souls are a central theme of PE, the game shouldn't revolve entirely around souls.

I didn't say it should, what I asked is What do these things being asked for mean in context of the setting? And for PE part of that is going to be whether all the soul stuff matters or doesn't.

Edited by Amentep

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man