Boxed Version - DRM Free?

We still do not know if they will release the DVD copy with DRM of any kind or not. Your absolute confirmed best bet for a DRM free copy is to get it from GoG. Beautiful thing about this is that once you download the full installer which comes packed with all the game files, you can keep it anywhere you wish, and forget about going back on to GoG ever again (assuming Obsidian supports downloading of patches from their own site).

Actual DRM doesn't bother me much if it isn't invasive like required internet connection, limited activations etc. Benefits of DRM may be questionable, but if you think it will serve some purpose I'm not against it. BUT... DON'T force us to activate the game through Steam, because value of that game box collapses at the moment you activate the game and bind it to your account. Especially with Collector's Edition it's really important that the game DVD will be usable by anyone, anytime and stay that way forever. I'm not planning to ever use my game disc since there is digital version to play, but I think I should be able to play it also from disc and still be able to legally sell it forward or leave it to my kids as inheritance some day.

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

* sigh * the question has been answered. The disc will be gog style DRM free if you want it. Ferg confirmed on KS.

Oops! I somehow managed to miss that post by Archmage Silver. Sorry about that, but great news anyway!:D

Edited by Haerski

PlanescapeTorment-1.jpg

* sigh * the question has been answered. The disc will be gog style DRM free if you want it. Ferg confirmed on KS.

Oops! I somehow managed to miss that post by Archmage Silver. Sorry about that, but great news anyway!:D

Actually that sounds like they've not made up their mind completely.

The option could still be like, a redeem code on gog.com, but the disc would still be drm.

I'd really like to see this spelled out. And not by some third party interpreter.