Encouraging Euro-Asian Interest

Drawing Euro-Asian Audiences  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What "pull" should be used to gain European and Asian audiences?

• Largely inexpensive commercials on websites popular with the rich.
    • Radio Shows and Late Night TV in Europe and Asia.
    • Have a secondary round of Asian funding, releasing manga in Asian conventions, and game-play proof.

Just a note to have a bit of care with the stereotyping. One mans fun is another mans mortal insult...

Gorth you are just bitter because the Op doesn't consider Australia worthy of contributing towards this project. Don't worry one day Australia will be "enlightened and experience the glory of the American cRPG " :)

"Abashed the devil stood and felt how awful goodness is and saw Virtue in her shape how lovely: and pined his loss”

John Milton 

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” -  George Bernard Shaw

"What counts in life is not the mere fact that we have lived. It is what difference we have made to the lives of others that will determine the significance of the life we lead" - Nelson Mandela

Have you ever thought, that maybe PC games in Japan are not listed in charts for the same reason, why there are not listed the number of sales on Steam on Western charts? :o

Anecdotes aside, good question. The reason Steam sales aren't listed is because Valve won't release them. The top 100 chart in Japan goes back to 1994. Unless people in Japan were buying their games online for the whole of that time then they can't not be listed for the same reason. If you're suggesting Japanese game stores disclose their console sales but not their PC sales, unlike the rest of the world, I think you're going to have to provide a reason or evidence for this.

That is FACT for most of the European Markets, they do not state ANY boxed sales, nor online sales! We do not have in Europe nothing like NPD in the US. As far as I know, the only real numbers from EU you get from UK, and (i do not know that for sure, but I would guess, you are getting numbers from Germany and France)...

But I can yell around GIMME SUM EVDNCE KKTXBAI for your statement, that in Japan they are not selling PC games Online more than 20 years...

You know, most of the world is technologicaly 10+ years behind...

So where is your evidence for that?

Well since online shopping started around the same time 17 years ago with the invention of SSL in Europe and North America, and it would take time for it to gain traction, I think common sense should tell you that doesn't make any sense. It's significantly harder to prove a negative, it's not like you can look for evidence of the non-existence of something, the burden should be on you to prove that it exists since it would be relatively simple if it did, and more importantly because it was your claim in the first place.

Sorry, but you are posting lot of your opinions as a facts here and without any backing to it, I am merely stating my opinions, why I think you might be little bit away from the reality: You have challenged real life Umberlin's experience from Japan, without providing any evidence which supporting your claims as well.

My opinions are just my opinions, but I prefer to believe a person from real Japan experience, than a person who thinks is right and is yelling U R WRONG, at every possible opportunity...

SSL was invented in 1993 and SSL 2.0 was rolled out publicly in 1995 which is 1 year after the date you have mentioned for the first top 100 in Japan.

First online shop appeared in 1994 in Germany. In 1995 was launched Amazon and in 1996 eBay. I would be very very surprised if there was no online shop available in Japan during this time... unfortunately most of the technologically savvy magazines always reported and are still reporting what happens in NA and EU first and lot of time forgets about Japan, China, S.Korea and Taiwan completely... Mostly because they could not be arsed to hire guys who can comprehend their language...

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

BTW to whoever cares about it Obsidian has already signed for Polish and Russian localizations!!!

Hopefully this will draw enough interest from Euro market :p

So spread the word and contribute ;)

Edited by Mamoulian War

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Awesome! Despite existing detractors, Obsidian has seen the value of Polish and Russian purchases. A pity Trieste won't be seeing this game sooner than later!

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Just a note to have a bit of care with the stereotyping. One mans fun is another mans mortal insult...

Gorth you are just bitter because the Op doesn't consider Australia worthy of contributing towards this project. Don't worry one day Australia will be "enlightened and experience the glory of the American cRPG " :)

I consider myself "multinational". Australia is my third country :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein