Unicorns, Fairies, and Flesh Devouring Blobs?

Can we have these? I think unicorns, fairies, and flesh devouring blobs are necessary to any fantasy role-playing game!

• Like 1

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

Is this another romance thread?

Sorry.

• Like 2

Quite an experience to live in misery isn't it? That's what it is to be married with children.

I've seen things you people can't even imagine. Pearly Kings glittering on the Elephant and Castle, Morris Men dancing 'til the last light of midsummer. I watched Druid fires burning in the ruins of Stonehenge, and Yorkshiremen gurning for prizes. All these things will be lost in time, like alopecia on a skinhead. Time for tiffin.

Tea for the teapot!

Who doesn't love a good gelatinous cube? But i could do without the other overused critters.

Not even as a food source for the flesh devouring blob when its iron rations have gone stale and its only half-way through a dungeon? :)

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Sorry.

:aiee:

I have not fought enough gelatinous cubes. I can say that comfortably.

• Like 1
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Sorry.

:aiee:

I have not fought enough gelatinous cubes. I can say that comfortably.

Yes, the quivering gelatinous cube in ToEE was one of the animation highlights for me. :disguise:

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

• 4 weeks later...

I was thinking. What if a cavern experiences a seasonal outbreak of flesh-eating mold spore? Better yet, if cavern depths "sweat" a neurotoxin in reaction to the heat of human bodies and great heat, such as a torch, creates a highly dangerous gas?

"This is what most people do not understand about Colbert and Silverman. They only mock fictional celebrities, celebrities who destroy their selfhood to unify with the wants of the people, celebrities who are transfixed by the evil hungers of the public. Feed us a Gomorrah built up of luminous dreams, we beg. Here it is, they say, and it looks like your steaming brains."

" If you've read Hart's Hope, Neveryona, Infinity Concerto, Tales of the Flat Earth, you've pretty much played Dragon Age."

You are too late...

It is pronounced Deerwood.

Please say there are evil deer with human hands who will break our legs and lick us for the vital sugar in our bodies.

I'm seeing herds of feral unicorns... stalking their prey through the dark and dense forests... corralling their prey into a dead end and then impaling them with their horns in a glorious bloodbath of frenzied butchery, so they can feast on the bodies of their prey afterwards, crunching bones, sucking out marrow, tearing at muscle and sinew with their fangs...

Maybe I just got too much imagination :)

Unicorns already suggested :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I always liked the idea of callous sprites and fairies. The premise being that magical creatures aren't so much evil but completely foreign in terms of their thought process so stealing your things isn't 'evil' or 'wrong' to them, just fun. Personally I'm a big fan of this approach to nearly all fantasy monsters. Those that are 'good' are only good because they simply experience the world in a similar way to what we do and as such live their lives in similar fashion. A nigh immortal dragon isn't evil for eating a village of people or enslaving a kingdom anymore than we are for eating a cattle and domesticating dogs, it just lives on a different level than we do.

So yeah bring on the fairies, unicorns and ravenous blobs of jelly. I'm game.

K is for Kid, a guy or gal just like you. Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.