Dynamic weather and seasons, would you want it in? Unique "weather" for the world.

Weather? Hell yes. I'd like it to be well done too. Such that snowstorms cause snow to pile up on the ground, trees, and buildings slowly. Rain that causes rivers to overflow and such.

Seasons... That I'm neutral on. If Obsidian thinks it's fitting for the game and they have the resources to do it well, then go for it.

Weather: Considering this will be an isometric RPG, the weather in the sky is limited to what you can see by looking at the ground. So lightning would only show as flashes of light, and clouds only seen by the ambient light on the ground. I do like the idea that there will be combat effects from weather, like fog reducing visibility and enhancing sneak skills, or snow slowing movement speed and reducing knockdown resistance, or making fire less effective and electricity more risky.

It's been mentioned before that they could show a sky shot in a side panel (along with the date and time).

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

Dynamic weather mods anyone? Why would Obsidian do something the modders can do often better?

With that thought process: Modders can often improve basically every aspect of a game.

Possible responses:

1. Can't they?

2. Can't they? (scarcasm)

3. Only if its a game pushed out into the world before its done

4. (stay silent)

Rub my belly....you know you want to...give in to the temptation...and don't mind the resulting love scratches and bites.

Seasons and weather sound great in the game. One of the first concept art pictures was of a character in skins (possible hunter-gatherer race?).

It would be interesting if certain races were nomadic and traveled to follow migrating animal heards or left for better seasonal climates. Towns could celebrate seaonal festavals. It could be done using the pc/operating system clock. Your character could start the game in the same season in the actual month you began the game. The game itself would have to use a different timescale though, I wouldn't want to play through the game without the seasonal changes.

Even though seasons would be interesting and I believe Obsidian could pull it off, I want them to do the best they can with the limited funds they have raised and the time they have permitted.