Unbiased Poll on Player Crafted Parties

Player Crafted Parties  

25 members have voted

1. 1. In addition to being able to choose from the planned recruitable NPCs, should players be allowed to custom design as many members of the party as desired?

• Yes, we should have that option.
    • I don't care.
    • No, any development time and resources used to support that feature should be spent elsewhere.

Another poll thread exists on this topic but I feel the poll is flawed. It is essentially a push poll that uses very biased languange and a sort of false choice to achieve certain results. In other words, it suggests it is a sort of either or phenomena. It suggests that we get either custom party members OR pre-fab NPCs. That would not be the case. If posting this second poll is against board rules, I will understand if a mod wants to close the thread. I just honestly felt the other thread did not present this question well.

I went ahead an used the wording Nub used in another post on these forums. He phrased the question eloquently and I hope he does not mind if I used his wording in this poll.

Edited by Shevek

Could it be an option that is unlocked after completing the game once?

Yes, but why? That would only be keeping people from playing the game they want the first time.

Because if the story strongly includes the companions, keeping them out of the party could cause you to miss quite a bit couldn't it? I guess my thoughts on this are assuming that's the case: that companions will be an almost necessary component of the story.

I don't think it's really a good idea to end up with dueling polls because everyone thinks that their poll is better worded. The discussion is where the meat of insight is to be gained anyway.

The previous poll can be found here: http://forums.obsidian.net/topic/60531-should-there-be-player-generatable-companions/

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."