The Obsidian Order of Eternity wants YOU!

Localization would be a BIG push to the backers number, but professional translation is also expensive. Planescape Torment quantity of text (8 novels) would cost about $400k* per language.

Although, if they want to make money with PE they have to translate it into German. It's the biggest market for PC RPGs on the planet.

Sign! And German speaking countries are the second biggest PC games market on the planet (after English) in general. I hope OE will think about that before they publish new stretch goals. ;)

@ all fellow brothers and sisters of the Obsidian Order:

I could make special coats of arms (like the one in my signature) for every member in the Order with your own sign/emblem and your own position. Just send me a short PM in case you're interested, would be a pleasure for me. :)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

So, has anyone mentioned the possibility of the Obsidian Order collectively doing the new $5000 adventurer tier pledge and naming the group the Obsidian Order? I'd certainly be willing to chip in some more for that. I'm not sure how the funds would be collected for this though. Any ideas?

Hi folks, sorry to be late! (had a lot of scrolls to read). Rodrigo "rrc2soft" Roman, Scholar of the Obsidian Order, reporting for duty! ;-)

Hello brother Roman! You will receive your title rrc2soft, Scholar of the Obsidian Order, in the next update! :D

:closed:

So, has anyone mentioned the possibility of the Obsidian Order collectively doing the new $5000 adventurer tier pledge and naming the group the Obsidian Order? I'd certainly be willing to chip in some more for that. I'm not sure how the funds would be collected for this though. Any ideas?

We talked about that topic recently but we dropped it since it wouldn't be easy to manage and control the real contribution of the single pledges of all the members. Until now the membership in the Obsidian Order is only based on honour and trust so it would be great if Obsidian would give us any tribute in the game (perhaps by designing an adventurer group called Obsidian Order, who knows?) but I don't think it would be a good idea to seek for that "official" 5k tier. At least until somebody has some good idea how to handle that fund collection as you already mentioned. ;)

35167v4.jpg

We talked about that topic recently but we dropped it since it wouldn't be easy to manage and control the real contribution of the single pledges of all the members. Until now the membership in the Obsidian Order is only based on honour and trust so it would be great if Obsidian would give us any tribute in the game (perhaps by designing an adventurer group called Obsidian Order, who knows?) but I don't think it would be a good idea to seek for that "official" 5k tier. At least until somebody has some good idea how to handle that fund collection as you already mentioned. ;)

Could a Kickstarter project be started for this (assuming it's within their rules)? That way money is only charged if enough is pledged. We'd still need someone to handle the funds and make the pledge on behalf of the group, though.

Could a Kickstarter project be started for this (assuming it's within their rules)? That way money is only charged if enough is pledged. We'd still need someone to handle the funds and make the pledge on behalf of the group, though.

It could be done with Obsidian's PayPal, it would be the easiest and most trustworthy way... but they would have to set it up first.

An adventuring party of several houndred?

It will perhaps be more likely that the "Obsidian Order" is reffered to in the lore of the game. If it won't become an actual in-game faction that makes a little cameo or something.

Well, there are only 6 character sheets, but they could at least represent the group.

An adventuring party of several houndred?

It will perhaps be more likely that the "Obsidian Order" is reffered to in the lore of the game. If it won't become an actual in-game faction that makes a little cameo or something.

I am certain that the PE will become a very successful franchise... and it would be awesome if the Obsidian Order had it's place in the game's lore. :D

I think even if the Order reaches the 5k tier (for which we need 625 members indeed) and if we manage to control the funding properly we should give the design of the adventurer group in the capable hands of Obsidian. That would be the most elegant way of circumwent struggles between the members and but honestly: we're all die-hard fans of Obsidian games so who's the best candidate to decide about the desgin if not Obsidian themselves? ;)

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

I think even if the Order reaches the 5k tier (for which we need 625 members indeed) and if we manage to control the funding properly we should give the design of the adventurer group in the capable hands of Obsidian. That would be the most elegant way of circumwent struggles between the members and but honestly: we're all die-hard fans of Obsidian games so who's the best candidate to decide about the desgin if not Obsidian themselves? ;)

I was thinking we'd give extra money on top of our X+$8 pledge. I like the idea to leave the design of the party to Obsidian, though.

I was thinking we'd give extra money on top of our X+$8 pledge. I like the idea to leave the design of the party to Obsidian, though.

Yeah, we could do something like that if we have a solution for collecting the funds. An own Kickstarter might be difficult due to legal and time restrictions but some PayPal solution could be possible in the future (in cooperation with Obsidian).

Edited by LordCrash
35167v4.jpg

Hi guys,

I too have been talking with both Dlux and Farudan about options to further our noble Order's place in the project eternity universe. I believe Farudan is going to be mulling over some plans and will get back to us with some ideas after having some much needed sleep and a conversation with Obsidian. So I know something awesome is in the works! :yes:

• Like 2

priestess2.jpg

The Divine Marshmallow shall succour the souls of the Righteous with his sweetness while the Faithless writhe in the molten syrup of his wrath.

Hi guys,

I too have been talking with both Dlux and Farudan about options to further our noble Order's place in the project eternity universe. I believe Farudan is going to be mulling over some plans and will get back to us with some ideas after having some much needed sleep and a conversation with Obsidian. So I know something awesome is in the works! :yes:

Great news, indeed! I'm excited what Farudan will obtain in this matter.

35167v4.jpg

>.> technically I won a fanfic contest and that NPC is named after me, which is also where I got the custom title, a teeshirt, and somewhere I have a signed copy of MOTB.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.