The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

Sharks force a game 7, I'm pretty happy about that.  I'm still very nervous, but at least they are putting up a good fight.

I'm pulling for you. Much rather have the Sharks win than any of the other remaining teams.

• Like 1

"I think one thing I like about Sather has been his drafting record the past few years.  Lundqvist is what, a seventh round pick??"

I think that says more how bad/hit and miss scouting actually is than how good he scouted. Afterall, who were the 6 (or whatever)  Ranger picks pre 6th round?

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Sorry, but I don't think the Sharks will make it to the finals anytime soon.

Nope, I'm not too bummed about this year, they overachieved by sweeping Vancouver and taking the Kings to 7.  Their days of being cup favorites are over, but they can still compete and maybe get a surprise run at some point.

My suggestion would be to keep the 4th line, trade Pavelski for a decent scoring threat in front, keep all the defensemen and Niemi...just off the top of my head.  This is still Thornton and Marleau's team, but they can build around Couture for the future.  

...Get rid of Torres, because he was the only reason why I didn't want the Sharks to go on (regardless of what happens to my Hawks); even though I'll always love Niemi for helping us win the cup and hated that he had to go for cap reasons.

I just assumed he would do something stupid again and needlessly take someone out during the Western finals as well.

EDIT: I don't know why they just don't ban him from the league.

Edited by babaganoosh13

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Getting squashed like losers against the Bruins was worth it sicne it emans we are free from that piece of craps.

TORTUREHCIPS IS GONE!

About 4 years late, and a heck of a lot of damage. How many previously good players' careers did he dismantle/ set back during his time? Probably more than any other coach in history.

Also, we might even lose Lundqvist after next season. He wasn't too happy with what happened and start talking about his time with the Rangers in the past tense and said he would 'talk to his agent'.

It seems benching Richards was a miscalculations as the team did not like that at all.

I said it many times before and I'll say it one last time.  Tortuella doesn't care about the team. He doesn't even care about winning. He cares about power, control, and his own ego.

A weight is lifted from the shoulders of Ranger fans everywhere! Now, i cna cheer for them wholeheartedly again!

Edited by Volourn
  • Like 1

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The one bright side of him being the Rangers coach, was I didn't have to listen to him all the time on TSN's hockey panel. Oh well. Maybe NBC will grab him so my exposure to him can be at the absolute minimum.

You see, ever since the whole Doritos Locos Tacos thing, Taco Bell thinks they can do whatever they want.

Funny coincidence...

935260_462760650474632_1821905078_n.jpg

The last 5 teams left are the last 5 teams who have won the cup.

Either way, it's on now!

Edited by babaganoosh13

If it was Saad putting Quincy into Chicago's bench, I could see it being called back. Horsesh!!!!

Baah! Stupid ref. Of course he blew the whistle. Had to call a double penalty to cover his butt.

Huge goal for Seabrook.  No underdog stories this year,  but that's fine by me.

I think Detroit is going to do some damage playing in the East next year.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I know the St. Louis's are sad to see them go, because they're a big draw, but yeah, they should be able to cakewalk into the playoffs in the East.

I'm thinking a Chicago/Pens final would be the most interesting.  I'm going to call that my prediction.

Hawks over Kings in 5 - The Blackhawks had their little hiccup, but managed to win 3 straight to advance.  I think they stay hot.  Quick will need to steal games to keep the Kings in it.

Pens over Bruins in 6 - Too many weapons for these Penguinos.  

I say Kings over Hawks in six. Whomever wins will be in the finals with Pens.

Go for it, Jarome.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma
  • Like 1

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Hawks in 7. 5 1 goal games (not including empty-netters.)

Pens in 6. Fleury is back in net by the end.

I can see the Kings bouncing back with their next two games at home.

But the Pens.... Man!

There is still some time left, but good thing you vetoed that trade to Boston, eh Iggy?

EDIT: Maybe if they keep Fleury in net now, the rest had done him some good and he can turn it around.

Edited by babaganoosh13