The NHL Thread.

Rosbjerg

If Heatley finds the motivation to play meaningful hockey again I could see the Wild challenging Vancouver for the division.

Was he bad in Minnesota? He was good in San Jose, he honestly just lacks the speed needed to score 50 goals, and it hurts him defensively too. He had 24 last season and I think that is about what you can expect from him.

I don't think 30+ goals is an unreasonable expectation for Heatley.

He was never a fast skater, and now that he is a little older, it's even harder for him to get space. So 30 is reasonable, but I'd still expect more like 25 from him.

Wouldn't be surprised if his production dropped with Parise in the mix now too, he'll probably be getting less minutes now.

That's scary for Minnesota. When they cut his ice time in Ottawa he demanded a trade.

He is still likely the top line combination with Parise and Koivu.

But really, I think the drama with Heatley is overblown. He played less minutes in San Jose, even served on the third line a few times.

That's scary for Minnesota. When they cut his ice time in Ottawa he demanded a trade.

He is still likely the top line combination with Parise and Koivu.

Won't that leave them a little frontloaded though? I know they have Setogucci and few other 30-40 point getters, but is that enough for a solid 2nd and 3rd line? Seems like Parise is gonna have to score a lot of goals.

Eh. They won't be cutting Heatley's minutes down much if at all. he's gonna get his 20ish minutes a game no matter what. Heatley's issue with Ottawa is they treated him like trash. Notice how there were no 'personality' issues in SJ despite them throwing him in the trash for no discernible reason making the Sharks a worst team. L0L

Wild, if they get their goalie situation sorted out, will make the playoffs and might be able to do some damage. They'll likely need to make a few upgrades along the way to be true contenders.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't think the problem with the Wild is their goaltending. Scoring goals was more of an issue. They were bottom five for their PP and their goals per game was pretty meager as well. It looks like their entire team had an off year offensively, except for third line center Kyle Brodziak.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Well, Bettman's first proposal was absolute trash. I don't want to see a lockout :C

Also, if your team just lost a 31 goal scorer to free agency, would you pounce on the opportunity to resign a guy who scored 21 goals for $650k last season? because the Devils STILL haven't offered Sykora a contract yet...We need the goalscoring.

"The NHL cannot afford a lockout. "

That's what people said the last time. NHL will survive as long as people want to watch talented hockey players compete. I don't see that changing anytime soon. Majority crying is all white noise.

That's the point of negotiations. Start off with a lowball offer and meet somewhere in the middle. Hopefully.

I don't think making entry level contracts five years will be a deal breaker, but making the cut to be an unrestricted free agent ten years could be a bit stickier.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

The NHL saw record revenues last year, yet the NHL owners propose the players take a cut from 57% to 46% of all revenues (if I remember the numbers correctly)? I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.

The players ARE the NHL.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The NHL saw record revenues last year, yet the NHL owners propose the players take a cut from 57% to 46% of all revenues (if I remember the numbers correctly)? I would love to hear the reasoning behind that.

The players ARE the NHL.

And if the Wild's GM says anything about needing more money I hope someone shoves the Parise and Suter contracts down his throat

14 million dollars per year the first 4 years. Ok, I think he's good, but.. uh..

Nashville is royally screwed now. For a team that's always been fiscally somewhat responsible there's no way they'll shell out that kind of money.

As for the four first round picks, it's not like Philly is going to tank and finish third last now, is it?

Very sad, indeed.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Devils are apparently still talking about bringing Sykora back. I really have absolutely no idea why our management wouldn't bring back a 20 goal scorer with more playoff experience than most of the league. Sykora has said he'd even "drive the bus" for the team if that's what they wanted him to do. Makes me think we're still in on Semin.

Nash to the Rangers, I'm curious how Volo feels about that.

I think it's a great move for the Rangers, Richard should be able to help Nash put up some impressive numbers. If this works out, it solidifies NYR as a cup contender for at least a couple seasons.

I'm surprised at what Columbus accepted. I'm guessing they were being offered more from teams like Detroit and San Jose, but they didn't want to deal with Nash in the same conference. Smells like a steal for the Rangers.

"Richard should be able to help Nash put up some impressive numbers."

Other way around. It's Richard who needs help to put up 'impressive' numbers.

This is definitely a great trade for NY. the only thing that can hurt us is we still have the most overrated piece of crap coach in the entire league. As long as he is in charge there's a aprt of me that smiles when the Blueshirts fail. R00fles!

I dont think Nash is all that and a bag of chips. He'll probably get more assists playing for the Rangers, but his production has been slipping the past few years. I don't feel that Nash is the kind of superstar who makes everyone else around him better, despite that he's paid like one.

And Columbus' GM should have kept his mouth shut when Nash asked for a trade. I think going public with it hurt his cause of making the Jackets better.

edit: and the Preds match the offer sheet for Weber. Let's hope he doesn't sink under 14 million dollars of pressure.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

I dont think Nash is all that and a bag of chips. He'll probably get more assists playing for the Rangers, but his production has been slipping the past few years. I don't feel that Nash is the kind of superstar who makes everyone else around him better, despite that he's paid like one.

And Columbus' GM should have kept his mouth shut when Nash asked for a trade. I think going public with it hurt his cause of making the Jackets better.

edit: and the Preds match the offer sheet for Weber. Let's hope he doesn't sink under 14 million dollars of pressure.

Nash's game in Columbus was a lot like Kovalchuk's in Atlanta. When you're literally the only guy on the team who can score goals consistently your numbers are going to be inflated.

I'm just glad Nash doesn't have to play against the Oilers so much anymore. He was one of those guys who always seem to get on the scoresheet against them.

Some reports I've read about the Weber deal say he's getting 26 million for this season including his signing bonus. I'm also reading that Nashville brought in 25 million in ticket sales last year. From a business standpoint that doesn't really look like it's going to work out. But wait, it's the NHL.

New Jerseys finances also scare me, as well.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

• 1 month later...

So I guess there will be no hockey this autumn.. again. Only two weeks left to solve this BS.

Why is it that the richest hockey league in the world does this so often? It has NEVER happened in Swedish hockey, for example. The greed on both sides is nauseating. I wish hockey fans would boycott this entire sport for a 5 year period, to make them (both players and owners) understand WHO they are playing for. To show them that the money is not just there for the plucking and to fight for every ****ing time there's a new CBA to be negotiated.

But hey.. I'm a Leafs fan. Maybe I should be happy that we don't have yet another season of humiliation to look forward to? Gotta see the positive in the situation..

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"The greed on both sides is nauseating. "

The players are not the greedy ones. The sport has been as successfula s its ever been but the owners are demanding huge pay cuts for the players, and less control by players for their own career. They are also the ones threatening a lockout. No player has ever talked about a strike. This is 100% the owners' fault.

"to make them (both players and owners) understand WHO they are playing for. "

They are playing for themselves. they owe 'fans'/customers nothing. The arrogance, selfishness, evilness, scumbuggery of customers is hilarious. It's just as bad as the owners.

I will ALWAYS side with the awesomely entertaining players who work their buttz off, risk their physical health, are basically hjighly paid controlled modern day servants/slaves than billioanire greedy lack of self control owners, and piece of crap fans who think players should bow down and kiss their stinky royal feet.

I think the players took it up the bum pretty bad last time around. I hope they don't bend over this time. I find it slightly amusing that Bettman is implying that the current deal doesn't work, while it's the deal the owners mandated.

Just get it done, folks.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif