Guild Wars 2

I really need to get at least one of my characters to 80 so I don't have to worry about stuff like level requirements with events like this.

Same here. Shorty McLeod, my asura warrior just hit 60 in the candycorn maze.

Unobtrusively informing you about my new ebook (which you should feel free to read and shower with praise).

• 8 months later...

I'm starting to wonder whether I really should bother with Tougness for my warrior (in PvP). If a thief and necro can down me in three hits and I need Shield stance/Endure pain to survive anyway, I might as just go glass cannon like everyone else... Or maybe put 30 into tactics and use regen banners or healing shouts without the healing power. Or something.

I just don't knoooooow!

If only those two classes give you trouble then just keep your current build. Necros (and engineers) just laugh at toughness when condition damage goes right through it. Dunno about thiefs though, you might just want to tweak just enough to handle burst damage. Then again, my opinion's kinda worthless when I'm only PvP level 7

Speaking of PvP, the new map is hilarious with all those disappearing floor tiles. I was chasing this warrior with my mesmer and he was aware of me enough to block almost all the hits I laid on him for 5 seconds. Then he turns around, takes a few steps to face me and the floor disappears under him, killing the guy.

So I managed to kill him without dealing a single point of damage

It's hard to say who gives me trouble, since it's a problem of
What traits do I have equipped

What skills

How much HP do I have and what is on cooldown

Usually I can manage, but guardians and eles are unkillable, engineers and necros bury you in conditions and thieves and mesmers poke you to death. I feel ineffective in general, but toughness seems near worthless in my mind right now. I max the toughness traits, have an exotic knight armor set, shield etc, yet killed with 3 hits? Really? At least I can cleanse conditions, even it that just delays the inevitable, but toughness is a stat I actively geared towards.

I know this is the "don't get hit in the first place" kind of game, but as a warrior I can't trick myself out of tight spots like most of the other classes.