Rajoana Protests - Worldwide. Who is right, India or Canada, US and the UK?

Cutlock

What is right? What is wrong? Where has India blurred the line that differentiates religion and politics? This is damn right off topic, now lets cut the locks shall we?

http://www.rediff.co...ct/20120324.htm

Before you people start thinking that this is a secluded case, its not. This is happening in Vancouver, Calgary, Ottawa, Toronto, Oregon, California and several other places in the US, Canada and the UK. Even in Punjab.

I do not know if there are any Sikh people on this forum, but to all of all faiths [Atheism can count as a religion you know - cue weird ass girl laughter right there at that very second] listen to this. What if Vatican City was destroyed by Muslims, what Christians in America do? What if Mecca was destroyed by Buddhists, what would Sunnis in Iran do? What would Sunnis in Bulgaria do.

Think about that last one very carefully. On a scale, there are as manny Islamis in Bulgaria as there are Sikhs in India. Sikhs are the majority of the Indo-Canadian Population in Canada, accounting for 33 % of that slate. In India, Operation Bluestar, the "great and wise" Indira Gandhi launched a fullscale military operation against Sri Harmandir Sahib, known to you Americanos as the Golden Temple, and utterly destroyed it and completely destroyed the Akal Takht.

Peaceful protests happened in Canada.

Sikhs were killed and murdered in India.

After Indira the Bitch Gandhi was killed, who wants to know what happened?

The Genocide: Anti-Sikh Pogroms and Riots.

Before you read on, understand that Jarnail Singh did not fire any shots, he had weapons, yes, but weapons are sacred to the Sikh fiath in the way that they can be used to stop prejudice. In this case, they were used as the excuse to raid the temple. Singh was found with over 70 machine gun shots in his broken and tattered body following Operation Bluestar. He had rocket launchers and machine guns, but if he used them, the Akal Takht would not have been destroyed, as it was blown up by cannon balls, something that Singh did not have.

and India honours Indira Gandhi! When a Sikh goes to India and sees that Delhi's Airport is the Indira Gandhi Airport, do you want to know my first thought. "Why doesn't Germany just rename the Berlin Airport the Nazi-Hitler Airport or some **** like that!" Following, I agree, many angered Sikhs resorted to militancy, extremism and they committed many horrible acts as well. But think, what would happen if in the middle of world war 2 in 1943, all Jews were given rocket launchers and machine guns, assault rifles and bombs?

So then comes along Beant Singh and becomes CM of Punjab. In order to keep his position, he gets all of his competitors killed. In order to make sure that India lets him keep his position, he kills thousands of innocent Sikhs. So then comes along a Sikh who kills Beant Singh, his friend Balwant Singh Rajoana gets arrested and is imprisoned for 17 years. One month ago, Kohldi Lal [ or something like that ] a man who had decapitated four innocent Sikhs was announced a complete pardon of his crimes, then now Balwant Singh has been announced on the death trial.

He asked for no appeal, no chance to prove he's innocent, and laughed death in the face and said that when he's dead, all his organs get donated to those who need it.

You tell me, who's right, who's wrong and where did India blur the line.

I am not a Khalistani, but even I know that the criminals of Rwanda are being punished.

I will later have full details on my blog: cutlock.blogspot.com

To finish I quote Richard Nixon:

"Indira Gandhi is a bitch and an old witch."

Edited by Cutlock

I don't know all the details or who did/said what, but I always thought it a stupid move to instigate the Golden Temple massacre when your bodyguard is a Sikh regiment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

"Beant Singh was assassinated in a bomb blast at the secretariat complex in Chandigarh on August 31, 1995. The blast claimed the lives of 14 others including 3 Indian commandos. Beant Singh was accompanied by his close friend Ranjodh Singh Mann on the day of assassination."

While it is fitting that a mass-murderer (as Beant Singh does indeed seem to have been) got what was coming to him in a system that clearly lacked sufficient justice, I would note that Beant's murderer (Balwant right?) also took the lives of 14 other people.

Is that justifiable? It would seem that Balwant is himself a mass-murderer (perhaps on a much smaller scale).

Anyway, it's interesting (and sad) to hear about this situation - thanks for informing me.

To clarify: it's a disgrace to humanity that countries like India and the United States still perform the death penalty. It's a disgrace that all this has happened to the Sikh people. I just hope you're not suggesting that some sort of violent resistance is in order.

Edited by Krezack

I'm sorry but what exactly it's the issue here? OP only said that there's protests about something called the Rajoana Verdict.

Some guy with a bunch of guns? :huh:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I have a lot of interest in the Sikh faith, and find their concepts of honour and martial virtue very laudable. However, to the best of my minimal knowledge the temple attacked was attacked because it housed terrorists and terrorist weapons.

Putting both weapons and users inside the most holy temple was hardly an accident or make-shift. It must have been deliberate. I cannot therefore find outrage very convincing. What possible alternative would the authorities have?

Besides which I think there's some pretty obvious criticisms to be levelled at any Sikh who targets innocents with terror. Surely that's hardly the way they are supposed to fight?

having said that, I could easily believe that the authorties didn't handle the attack with good grace. But that's an adjunct to the primary cause - the people using the temple as cover.

~~

Just my two pennies.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

In response to Krezack:

Rajoana did not murder anybody, he was the friend of the man that did kill eant Singh and in an attempt to preserve his friend's good name he claimed responsibility as the mastermind behind the conspiracy.

To Walsingham:

There are weapons in every Sikh Temples, yes I'll agree its not firepower, but the point stands still. Bhindranwale and his followers did not fire a single shot, Gandhi claimed they had rocket launchers and all but they did not fire a single shot, Canadian radios and London papers can prove that.

To Orogun01:

I know I have said stupid **** on these forums, but please don't do that, this is actually close to my heart and it brings me pain and rage when somebody speaks in favour of Gandhi [i'm not saying you are by the way], so please do not comment on this if you cant give a good one.

To Orogun01:

I know I have said stupid **** on these forums, but please don't do that, this is actually close to my heart and it brings me pain and rage when somebody speaks in favour of Gandhi [i'm not saying you are by the way], so please do not comment on this if you cant give a good one.

I'm not kidding, I know that he's a guy condemned to hang but I don't know the specifics of the crime. There is remarkably little info on that aspect.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

To Orogun01:

I'm not kidding, I know that he's a guy condemned to hang but I don't know the specifics of the crime. There is remarkably little info on that aspect.

Okay, do you want me to tell you?

To Orogun01:

I know about the murder but I can't find any detailed description of the events or the motive, from what I gathered here it has something to do with religion.

village_idiot.gif

To Orogun01:

I know about the murder but I can't find any detailed description of the events or the motive, from what I gathered here it has something to do with religion.

It was an attack on religion by Indira Gandhi after she destroyed Akal Takht and the Golden Temple. Thus the pawn of her son Rajiv Gandhi Beant Singh infamous butchered many thousand Sikhs and became known as the Butcher of Punjab and so Balwant Singh's friend and presumably he made a conspiracy where the friend killed Beant Singh, the plan worked and Beant died and Balwant was arrested.

It was an attack on religion by Indira Gandhi after she destroyed Akal Takht and the Golden Temple. Thus the pawn of her son Rajiv Gandhi Beant Singh infamous butchered many thousand Sikhs and became known as the Butcher of Punjab and so Balwant Singh's friend and presumably he made a conspiracy where the friend killed Beant Singh, the plan worked and Beant died and Balwant was arrested.

I get all that from your OP.

So Indira kills Bhindranwale, Beant Singh and Satwant kill Indira, Rajiv Ghandi kills a bunch of Sikhs and Rajaratnam suicide bombs him.

So what the hell did Rajoana did again?

village_idiot.gif

I get all that from your OP.

So Indira kills Bhindranwale, Beant Singh and Satwant kill Indira, Rajiv Ghandi kills a bunch of Sikhs and Rajaratnam suicide bombs him.

So what the hell did Rajoana did again?

* I will refer to Indira as Bitch.

Incorrect, Bitch wants to put the Akali's under her fist so she sends Bhindranwale, an unknowledgable Sikh, to take them over for her as they refuse to accept her demands. Bhindranwale goes and becomes educated in the Sikh ways and discovers that Bitch's plan is wrong and so he turns against her. So Bitch kills Bhindranwale which results in the massacre of thousands of Sikhs, she gets assassinated, Sikhs are massacered again but labelled terrorists at this point Beant Singh the Butcher comes in. The Butcher kills his competitors and becomes CM in Punjab at a time when militancy is rising [babbar Khalsa] and all. Rajiv Gandhi becomes PM and kills a bunch of Sikhs and Rajaratnam kills him and Sikhs are wrongly massacered, small scale not many articles you will find. The Butcher begins to kill more and more alleged terrorists and immediatley cremating their bodies, death tolls reach over a thousand, just so he can stay in his office. Balwant Singh, a police constable, decides to move against this murderer and his friend kills The Butcher. Balwant Singh is sentanced to jail longer than any Hindu has ever been sentaned to [other than a life sentance] in India. Kishori Lal the Butcher of Trilokpuri a Hindu is released from prison, pardoned from all crimes, and two weeks following Balwant Singh's hanging is announced.

Balwant Singh - The Living Shaheed (Martyr): The highest title awarded by Akal Takht (the holy court of the Sikhs, right in front of the Golden Temple).

I was wondering what that sea of Orange was at the Art Gallery the other day.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

* I will refer to Indira as Bitch.

Incorrect, Bitch wants to put the Akali's under her fist so she sends Bhindranwale, an unknowledgable Sikh, to take them over for her as they refuse to accept her demands. Bhindranwale goes and becomes educated in the Sikh ways and discovers that Bitch's plan is wrong and so he turns against her. So Bitch kills Bhindranwale which results in the massacre of thousands of Sikhs, she gets assassinated, Sikhs are massacered again but labelled terrorists at this point Beant Singh the Butcher comes in. The Butcher kills his competitors and becomes CM in Punjab at a time when militancy is rising [babbar Khalsa] and all. Rajiv Gandhi becomes PM and kills a bunch of Sikhs and Rajaratnam kills him and Sikhs are wrongly massacered, small scale not many articles you will find. The Butcher begins to kill more and more alleged terrorists and immediatley cremating their bodies, death tolls reach over a thousand, just so he can stay in his office. Balwant Singh, a police constable, decides to move against this murderer and his friend kills The Butcher. Balwant Singh is sentanced to jail longer than any Hindu has ever been sentaned to [other than a life sentance] in India. Kishori Lal the Butcher of Trilokpuri a Hindu is released from prison, pardoned from all crimes, and two weeks following Balwant Singh's hanging is announced.

Balwant Singh - The Living Shaheed (Martyr): The highest title awarded by Akal Takht (the holy court of the Sikhs, right in front of the Golden Temple).

It's a good thing that we are not having this conversation on real life because the names alone would be enough to throw me off.

So, has there been any reason given as to the sudden change in sentence?

village_idiot.gif

Well, you just lost me, Cutlock. Way to go with the names.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It's hard to come across as a reasonable and unbiased source of information when you are throwing crude nicknames around.

Not uniquely Cutlock though, as my Sikh friends do pretty much the same thing. Of course it's counterproductive as few people ever gets taken seriously when resorting to schoolyard style name calling (and when pushed a bit about the "why" going into circular logic).

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It's hard to come across as a reasonable and unbiased source of information when you are throwing crude nicknames around.

Like Bitch for Indira Gandhi? I went around my whole childhood assuming that was her real name.

Yeah, the reason that they stayed the sentance was becaus Badal, the current CM of Punjab, decided to finally do something good for the Sikh Nation. No actually what happened was he decided to petition for the clemency of Balwant Singh and I believe that he threatened the court that if Balwant Singh was dead, his death would trigger a chain reaction of some sort that would radically lead to the rise of militancy in Punjab again and extremism overseas. Something I personally believe would happen.

Beant Singh was a murderer, but like any other human being he deserved a trial, but since his death stopped the deaths of thousands - I'm okay with it. I am not okay with Khalistan, though.

Mate, you need to break it down clearly. I've completely lost track of what you're trying to say.

-Elwood Blues