Chris Avellone and ME3

greylord

Since you preface your argument by saying you have no idea what you are talking about...

And I agree, Bioware shouldn't change the ending because a bunch of fanboys are clamoring for it. They should change it because it ****ING SUCKS and they know it themselves.

Now the question is whether they should charge for it or not, because since the original ending was arguably broken and didn't deliver the experience which was paid for.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Since you preface your argument by saying you have no idea what you are talking about...

And I agree, Bioware shouldn't change the ending because a bunch of fanboys are clamoring for it. They should change it because it ****ING SUCKS and they know it themselves.

Now the question is whether they should charge for it or not, because since the original ending was arguably broken and didn't deliver the experience which was paid for.

Don't really have an opinion on it, I already got fleeced by Gamestop, doesn't matter to me f I have to cough up the price of another sandwich in the posh and ludicrously expensive caf

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

You seem cheery, have you been drinking?

I had some 18yo Glenlivet, but I can't remember if it was before or after I wrote that. :p

I'm torn on the issue. On one hand, the ending was a wreck and definitely looked like it was rushed/incomplete. So a part of me thinks Bio should release it for free. On the other hand, if it's detailed enough that I get the kind of ending I was hoping for, I might be tempted to overlook any charges and pay for it anyway.

I know, that's selling out to the principle, but I'm a completionist and if an ending is made that improves upon the ending, I can't help but be tempted to buy it. The completionist in me simply can't stand leaving it as it ends right now.

This all depends on what the DLC includes, though. I'm going to wait to read some of the responses on the Bio boards after release before getting it myself. If the same complaints by the same people show up, I'll pass.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Whether it's a sad or happy ending doesn't really matter. What I see is a failure in execution--Bio writers knew how they wanted it to end, and that might even have been acceptable, but they were either under pressure and/or too close to the story to make it clear and understandable to the majority of players. And you can't discount the fact that well-loved fictional characters often take on a life of their own. You might have a firm idea of where your story is going from the get-go, but once you get there... that ending suddenly feels, and is, all wrong. A heroic character needs to die heroically, not in a 'WTF did he just do again?', or a 'what does it all mean'?

That adds up to a confused mess--people who loved the game have a need for it to make sense, so they come up with a myriad of wildly divergent opinions to that end. Some feel betrayed by the Gods, on top of that. Charging for a DLC that makes a proper job of it seems wrong, but it's a concession to the writers, to indicate that Bio stands behind their original work (even if it doesn't play out well). And at this point, it's not about money at all. Most people who love the Mass Effect story are more than willing to pay, just so they can reflect back sadly and fondly at the character's journey as a whole.

Not "understandable to the majority of players"... that's like saying that a dog **** on the street is misunderstood...

• Like 1