New Mini Games?

Oh, and the ability to modify your swoop racer would have been awesome. Let's hope they don't can that idea again!

Good idea.

A few of the stores did imply that swoop parts were for sale, so I was disappointed to find none available. Didn't stop me from winning the races, though.

I didn't like them either, for the same reasons triCritical doesn't. And this is supposed to be a role-playing game which means that the player's success shouldn't depend on his reflexives or skills. Only the atributes and skills of the PC should matter.

The fact that your pc has the opportunity to waste time playing Pazaak contributes to the story line. It says what type of person you are role playing, whether your pc plays or does not play the game.

And you couldn't do this if Pazaak wasn't a mini-game? In other words, in Fallout I could spend all my time gambling, and spend all my money, and there was no gambling mini-games. Hence, you can still flesh out you're gambling character, without wasting resources on sub-par software.

Pazaak is a much better game then the FO gambling games. One has an element of basic strategy (picking cards playing them etc) and some degree of skill. FO's gambling just involves picking an option and hoping you get a hit in dialogue trees.

Basically the pazaak code is already there so it isn't as if they need to spend damn lots of time coding the thing. Maybe just fine tuning it a little (making it a little fairer). If you don't like pazaak, turret shooting (in KOTOR2) or any other mini-games, they're optional. Nothing forcing you to play it.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I disliked the minigames. Pazaak was ok, but it served no purpose. It would have been neat to have been able to gamble for something worthwhile (not quest-essential, but more than a few credits - which you really don't need) to make the game more interesting. Swoop racing I hated with a burning passion and the turret thing was just bloody irritating.

But since these things are going to be in KOTOR2, at least they can be made better. Give us better prizes for Pazaak games, have swoop races against other racers, not just times, and give a track that's more than a straight line. The turret game.. well, that one just sucks no matter what you do. Just make sure it stays optional.

newlogo.gif

Pazaak is a much better game then the FO gambling games.

This is not the point. However, a point could be argued that Fallout, in its day, was a better CRPG because resources were not wasted making a gambling mini-game. Suffice it to say, Fallout's combat, character creation as well as character development system are much more fleshed out then KotOR's. And the talking heads were analagous to KotOR's lip syncing, bascially pointless crap that gives ego's bragging rights.

Basicly Pazaak suck!!!! :angry:

A game which only your character never play the bank, while all oponents always are the bank. There should have been a random element who started, after which you take turns to start playing the card.

The turret game I did not mind very much, since it was easy. But looking on the forum I noticed that there was a lot of players that had problem with it. I realy don't think that players skill should determine if you can get to next part in a CRPG. It should always be the PC's skill that determine that.

I do agree with those that think we should been allowed to upgrade the swoop if there is to be swoop race in the game. But it should been optional to go though the race in the game, even though it was so easy it was hard not to win. They should have placed an optional way to free Bastil.

Nothing wrong with Pazaak. A very enjoyable minigame and quite addictive in it's own way.

The issues I have with it:

1) always having to play the first card (which is a common complaint)

2) the computer opponents might actually "cheat", or at least have the virtual deck stacked in their favor.

They almost always have the right card for any situation, and the natural 20's they receive are abnormally high. I suspect the game is rigged. No one has proved this though.

Despite that, I have a soft spot for Pazaak... :(

Pazaak was great, but it was so bloody ugly! It would be great if they gave it a visual ovehaul for Kotor 2 so that it looked more like actually playing cards. Being able to play through tournaments would make it a lot more interesting as well.

Swoop racing would be a lot better with actual racing around tracks, as well as upgrades.

As the pc apparently can end up as a sith or jedi lord then a kind of fleet battle mini game would be interesting. One where the player must use strategy, not twitch reflexes.

As the pc apparently can end up as a sith or jedi lord then a kind of fleet battle mini game would be interesting. One where the player must use strategy, not twitch reflexes.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... I'd enjoy that! silly.gif

KOTOR2 should have the following mini-games:

1. the PC is trapped in a maze pursued by ghostly sith. occassionally the PC will hit a power point and be able to eat the sith for a limited time.

2. the PC is stuck in a tower block in a city, atop which is a giant gorilla hurling down barrels.

3. the PC has to cross a busy road and a river in order to get to the other side while wearing a frog suit, dodging cars, trucks and logs on the way.

dumber than a bag of hammers

I don't know how Lucasarts would feel about this, but, you know, Lucasarts put out a Star Wars racing game some years ago and I doubt that it's still making them any money. It'd be cool if that could somehow be adapted into KotOR2 as a stripped-down version. I've only ever seen it played (never played it myself), but it looks modern enough to not seem out of place and I can't imagine that it could be any worse than the KotOR 1's goofy swoop racing rubbish. Maybe it'd even feel more like actual racing with other drivers on the track.

Can't imagine that it would actually happen, but it'd be nice. Might even constitute a minigame that's worth playing because it's actually enjoyable in its own right.