Apple unveils iPhone 4S...

Arkan

I've always heard argument about power or openness rather than just the sticker price. I should look into getting a smartphone though, seems like a nifty toy - and was a life saver when a coworker and I got lost in London, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I've always heard argument about power or openness rather than just the sticker price. I should look into getting a smartphone though, seems like a nifty toy - and was a life saver when a coworker and I got lost in London, hah.

Last time I got lost in London I didn't even have a "dumb" phone :shifty:

Found some young blokes who looked like locals and asked where they would go and crash for the night if low on funds. They suggested a particular (tube) station which had a number of B&B's within short distance. Maps are for whimps o:)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Found some young blokes who looked like locals and asked where they would go and crash for the night if low on funds. They suggested a particular (tube) station which had a number of B&B's within short distance. Maps are for whimps :shifty:

Meh, talking to Londoners didn't end well for us when we were there, weird lot of people. We had a hotel and all just needed to get back to main road, heh. Same thing happened to me later that week too, decided this street was eastbound..turns out it was north. Next time I bring a compass!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Generally (and this applies to phones as well), the "price" argument is the one danced around but never mentioned - because it's pretty damn petty in either case. Yet, it's a strong motivation in people in general and I've never seen anything that would convince me it doesn't apply in this situation, as well.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif