The NHL Thread

Kor Qel Droma

NY losing is 100% on the coach. You cna't coach not to lose 1-0 or 2-1 games and expect to go to multiple 7 game series and take it all. Torturechips and his fanboys got exactly what they deserve.

The Rags signed Richards for games like that and he didn't come up big enough. His fault, Gaborik's fault..Callahan started to pull his weight but everyone else was a flop

Edited by Krookie

100% the coach's fault. When you handcuff your players kinda hard to do anything.

Do you think Kovalchuk has free reign to do whatever he wants out there? No. He needs to be defensively responsible (just like Gaborik) but he still manages to be the leading scorer in the playoffs.

Read the article I mentioned earlier. deboers is about 5 players in the offensive zone trying to score and 5 players in the defensive zone playing defense. In contrast, Torturechips' is about 5 players in the defense zone playing defense, and 2 players in the offensive zone playing offense. Kinda hard to find offensive success when youn are playing 2 vs 5.

This is why NJ was the better team in the series despite the Rangers argubaly having better players or at least of equal skill. Torturechips has the same screwed up phiopshy as the Caps coach.. and, nom suirprise that both teams are out and their offensive stars 'struggle'.

Gaborik is paid millions of dolalrs because he's a gifted offensive palyer but he's NOT allowed to play offensive. It's bull.

Again, read the article, and it makes it perfectly clear why the Devils are in the Finals and the Rangers are not. It should be noted that it wans't klike JKolvachuk was getting TONS of points in the series either.

100% coach's fault. No contest.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Holy crap, that's the prettiest goal I have seen since.. Well, since the KLM line in the eighties :o

Was yelling louder and louder every time they passed the puck...When it finally ended up with Kovy I flipped the chair I was sitting in hahahaha

Also, I love Kovalchuk's energy during that celebration. He's such a team-first guy and he doesn't get enough credit for it

Kovalchuk has really come a long was as a more complete player since his time in Atlanta. I wouldn't be stupid and call him a two way player, but he's so much better without the puck.

As for the finals, if either team wins I'm happy. But I'm going to hedge my bet on the Kings in seven. There's at least a half dozen players on that team who have either won the cup or lost in the finals. That's going to make them hungrier, I believe. That's not to say Jersey isn't going to go for it, but I think the Kings want it more.

Here's to hopefully a classic final series!

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

There's a press conference scheduled tomorrow for Detroit. Rumor has it Lidstrom is going to retire. I hope it's not true, he still is more effective than 90%+ of current defenseman.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

:( Suckiest news ever!!

He is only 42! Why? Whyyy

Well that's 1 down.

Once Teemu and Brodeur call it quits, I'll officially be in a new era of hockey. I'm 20 years old, played hockey for 16 years, those are the only three who I can remember consistently hearing about/admiring for my entire life. I literally do not know hockey without those three names =[ Farewell Lidstrom =[

The beautiful thing about hockey is it is actually a low impact sport if you avoid the hitting aspect. Lidstrom uses position and stickwork in order to be a great defenseman, and because of that he has managed to have a long career. Speed and hitting are a young man's game, the best players learn to be effective without those.

Of course Gordie Howe played a physical game, and he managed to play in his 50's, so there are also just exceptions.

I caught the game last night. It seems like the Devils playes a better game, they were sharper in their passing and checking but the shots on goal were about even and they just came up short. Sort of like the last game.

Ironically enough both head coaches used to be Panther coaches.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Kings are just too hot right now. Bye bye Devils.

What kind of hockey world do we live in win the LOS ANGELES KINGS are OUR NHL champions. FFS I give up. L0L

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.