Somalia documentary

Walsingham

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0125...and_of_Anarchy/

the title is 'Land of Anarchy'

And it's a fascinating half hour look actually inside Mogadishu, showing the fighting and the devastation.

My favourite bit is the incredibly calm Ugandan officer. "Oh yes. That's a mortar."

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Most BBC web programming is only available for UK IP ranges, this is no exception.

I assumed you internets goons were able to sidestep such measures like a thin girl sidestepping an oncoming wallaby.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Well, it's a bloody good documentary. Also good fodder for roleplaying sessions in either warzones, or maybe Cyberpunk 2020.

-Elwood Blues

Somali is one of the world's most pressing problems right now along-side North Korea. And like North Korea, we like to either look away and pretend it doesn't exist, or make nervous jokes about it, and then divert the topic to something else.

But the reality seems to be that it is getting worse and nobody has a ****ing clue how to fix it.

As in.. "it's speak like a pirate day!" "but i don't know any somalian..."

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."