so we buy the game what about the online?

A fair complaint from gamers who thrive on MP. I love both single player and multiplayer (co-op). My brother won't touch games without competitve multiplayer and he doesn't like pretty much any RPG that I like and feels like none of them is worth paying for. We disagree of course but its a valid critque for a consumer.

Saying that an apple sucks because it's not a watermelon and then criticizing the watermelon producers for not catering to your personal tastes is not particularly valid criticism.

It would be like me going on the Blizzard forums to complain that Diablo 3 isn't Planescape:Torment.

The only thing you could honestly complain about is the use of the IP.

I don't care how hard it is to implement. These guys have living wage quality jobs and work in air conditioned offices. They should striving for legendary status with each and every game release. These guys are one of the studios featuring some developers who helped design some of greatest gaming experiences ever. I don't take streamlining lightly from these gentlemen/ladies. They chose to build Dungeon Siege 3 and they chose to streamline out some MP features. Now they get to see how those decisions pay off.

It's not a question of difficulty. it's a question of limited development time and money.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

A fair complaint from gamers who thrive on MP. I love both single player and multiplayer (co-op). My brother won't touch games without competitve multiplayer and he doesn't like pretty much any RPG that I like and feels like none of them is worth paying for. We disagree of course but its a valid critque for a consumer.

Saying that an apple sucks because it's not a watermelon and then criticizing the watermelon producers for not catering to your personal tastes is not particularly valid criticism.

It would be like me going on the Blizzard forums to complain that Diablo 3 isn't Planescape:Torment.

The only thing you could honestly complain about is the use of the IP.

I don't care how hard it is to implement. These guys have living wage quality jobs and work in air conditioned offices. They should striving for legendary status with each and every game release. These guys are one of the studios featuring some developers who helped design some of greatest gaming experiences ever. I don't take streamlining lightly from these gentlemen/ladies. They chose to build Dungeon Siege 3 and they chose to streamline out some MP features. Now they get to see how those decisions pay off.

It's not a question of difficulty. it's a question of limited development time and money.

Supposing then that a majority of players weren't buying the game or unhappy with it because of the co-op. What are the chances of the developers improving the experience? Surely Square Enix would want to maximise their sales?

It's always something isn't it? People are making suggestions that will improve the next game in the series (if there is one) by pointing out flaws with this game. I don't give a flightpath about their dev schedule or economic situation. Obsidian are asking full price for a streamlined Dungeon Siege. People who don't feel like the title is providing the gameplay options that seem to be standard for the genre are hoping for improvements, somewhere, in this title or down the road.

You are cheerleading the streamlining and standing up for the stripped down MP. That's cool, we are all allowed to pick a side in any argument we choose but your side favors less gameplay features for the same amount of money.

Edited by MonkeyLungs

I'd imagine it would be better to make a new game to cater to the online crowd, instead of shoehorning a Diablo style co-op mode in.

I'm just guessing, though.

It's always something isn't it? People are making suggestions that will improve the next game in the series (if there is one) by pointing out flaws with this game. I don't give a flightpath about their dev schedule or economic situation. Obsidian are asking full price for a streamlined Dungeon Siege. People who don't feel like the title is providing the gameplay options that seem to be standard for the genre are hoping for improvements, somewhere, in this title or down the road.

You are cheerleading the streamlining and standing up for the stripped down MP. That's cool, we are all allowed to pick a side in any argument we choose but your side favors less gameplay features for the same amount of money.

People paid full price for a broken, buggy, streamlined mess of a game in Oblivion, loved it and begged for more so I don't see the problem. :lol:

Now I'm just pulling your leg... Kinda

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'd imagine it would be better to make a new game to cater to the online crowd, instead of shoehorning a Diablo style co-op mode in.

I'm just guessing, though.

Do you think that a lot of the comments about multiplayer might have something to do with how DS3 was advertised?

Edited by AddziX

There are also the two previous games in the series to consider ...

What do you mean? Whether this one is true to the series?

TBH, I wasn't a huge fan of the originals. I played Dungeon Siege for quite some time, but I wasn't so taken with the sequel. Kind of wish I could go back and play them again, but I think the memory might serve me better. :lol:

i really hope they add more mission ...an expansion would be cool with new chars.

Let's hope it sells well in NA, otherwise I doubt they'll bother with an expansion. Although, they did two for New Vegas, and that had a seriously mixed reception.