Windows 7 and gaming

Save yourself the trouble and keep XP forever.

This.

And in ~2 yrs when XP is DOA and no more patches, updates or support. Clearly someone who does not think long term and likes to live in the past. Technology moves ahead you either move with it or get left behind. Simple as that.

As for UAC you people whining how horrible it is know in win7 you CAN ADJUST the sensitivity or simply TURN IT OFF right? Talk about making a mount from a mole hill...

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente

I've pretty much done everything I can possibly do to make Win7 look and feel like WinXP, including turning off a lot of the 'do this automatically' crap that I can't stand. Some things I can't alter, but...well, works for me.

What I like most about Win7 is it's ability to recover from program/driver crashes without a hard freeze. It's much better with that than XP. In over a year and a half, I think I've had one or two instances where I had to do a reboot because of a software/driver malfunction. I can't say the same about XP.

And in terms of the RAM thing...when you first turn the pc on, the RAM cache is very low. It only starts increasing as you use programs. If you have less RAM, I'd assume it caches less. Maybe it's a percentage number.

Win7's defrag program, however, still sucks. You'll still want something like Defraggler. :lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

This.

And in ~2 yrs when XP is DOA and no more patches, updates or support. Clearly someone who does not think long term and likes to live in the past. Technology moves ahead you either move with it or get left behind. Simple as that.

As for UAC you people whining how horrible it is know in win7 you CAN ADJUST the sensitivity or simply TURN IT OFF right? Talk about making a mount from a mole hill...

Adjusting UAC didn't do jack **** with what I was doing. Talk about not knowing what you are talking about...

Edited by Blodhemn

I find Win 7 to be a good OS for a MS one and you should use it the moment you reach around 4 GB of RAM : with 4 GB you need a 64 bits OS to run it properly and Win 7 is the only good MS OS for that.

Generally, I upgrade my OS once every two releases of MS OS : 98, XP and now 7.

2000 and Vista were dump and I use to say that Win 7 is what would have been if MS dedicated two more years to the development of it.

With respect to playing old games, most has been said already. Many games will directly work (2005+) and some will need adjustments. Some won't play at all, sadly.

I agree with LC. Very few total freezes.

In general I like being asked for permission to do things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

This.

Well then that is 2 years away isn't it? What a stupid post.

In general I like being asked for permission to do things.

Perhaps that's why they mistake you for an officer? :p

It's either that or my inability to grid map references properly. :p

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.