Bulletstorm

Kaftan Barlast

Still, they had an idea and they carried it out to 100%. Even if it was just "lets make a fun FPS" that kind of dedication and skill is very rare. Id rather have an awesome porkchop than a crappy filet mignon.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Still, they had an idea and they carried it out to 100%. Even if it was just "lets make a fun FPS" that kind of dedication and skill is very rare. Id rather have an awesome porkchop than a crappy filet mignon.

Except it aint fun. Soooo FAIL.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Finally finished it.

It's a good game overall but sadly feels schizophrenic.

Old school action senselessly shoehorned into a modern shooter campaign.

The design would work much better with some sort of mission design like in Painkiller.

And it could definitely use more content.

Really, really agree with the above post regarding level design and so forth.

That said, I did enjoy some of the scripted "omgwtfbbq" sequences a lot, like the train ride. But the more normal levels could've really benefitted from a design closer to Painkiller. But yeah, I really love some of the weapons. The flail gun and the special fire on the cannonball gun are just a lot of fun to use for example.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Does this game require a lot of graphical power? I just realized my computer sucks.

It's UE3, it'll run on anything.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I really love the weapons in this, except for the Sniper Rifle.

Game is fun as hell, just too bad that it feels sorta constricted by its campaign and levels. Still, even though it's short, going through the campaign again is lots of fun and now I can skip the cutscenes without any remorse.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I really love the weapons in this, except for the Sniper Rifle.

Game is fun as hell, just too bad that it feels sorta constricted by its campaign and levels. Still, even though it's short, going through the campaign again is lots of fun and now I can skip the cutscenes without any remorse.

I'm still having fun with it aswell, trying to get that 2 FASTDRAW's in a row skillshot and I've been nowhere near succeeding. :ermm:

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

This looks like it could be a fun diversion, but $60 for this ? Time to wait for a Steam sale on it :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Your taste is bad. :sorcerer:

:) We'll see.

Shall we analyse the game?

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!