British Navy...

cronicler

On the bright side, with these austerity measures England will be flush with cash and in 15 years or so when weve run our country into the ground we can reach out to our good buddies across the pond for a loan to keep China from sending over people to beat us up.

Indeed. I think this is a good thing.

What I'm far more annoyed about is the stupidly large increase in university fees for UK students. University should be free or heavily subsidised. Find other spending cuts to make you bastards, like this ship!

Of course it should. Because universites don't cost anything do they? I mean, all those professors and lab intructors and campus staff, they work for free right? Capus facilities and equioment like research labs and the money to fund them, that just grows up from the ground right? The day college is free is the day a degree becomes worthless.

I've seen you critisise others for having an uninformed outsiders opinion on the U.S - let me tell you your comment shows me you know nothing about our university system.

Not a thing. I did not mean to imply otherwise. I was just annoyed by Krezack whining about how other people should be paying his way.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

On the bright side, with these austerity measures England will be flush with cash and in 15 years or so when weve run our country into the ground we can reach out to our good buddies across the pond for a loan to keep China from sending over people to beat us up.

Indeed. I think this is a good thing.

What I'm far more annoyed about is the stupidly large increase in university fees for UK students. University should be free or heavily subsidised. Find other spending cuts to make you bastards, like this ship!

Of course it should. Because universites don't cost anything do they? I mean, all those professors and lab intructors and campus staff, they work for free right? Capus facilities and equioment like research labs and the money to fund them, that just grows up from the ground right? The day college is free is the day a degree becomes worthless.

I've seen you critisise others for having an uninformed outsiders opinion on the U.S - let me tell you your comment shows me you know nothing about our university system.

Not a thing. I did not mean to imply otherwise. I was just annoyed by Krezack whining about how other people should be paying his way.

Learn how to read please.

Guard dog, you repeatedly refer to this ideal "framework" within which government should stay as if it's some well-defined thing which everyone agrees upon. The reason you often come off as an anarchist is that none of us know what your ideal framework for government is, and it always seems to be that government should be very, very, very small.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Guard dog, you repeatedly refer to this ideal "framework" within which government should stay as if it's some well-defined thing which everyone agrees upon. The reason you often come off as an anarchist is that none of us know what your ideal framework for government is, and it always seems to be that government should be very, very, very small.

In fairness to GD, re-read his recent posts. I personally feel I've got a good handle on his position now. And it isn't simply weak government. I'd putr words in his mouth and suggest it's very 'close' government with local bodies. Something like the way I imagine the Swiss do things.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.