The Walking Dead

Monte Carlo

Hey, this aired last night on UK satellite TV The Walking Dead was not only cool but had Andrew Lincoln and Lennie Bennett in it, both Brit actors doing a Wire or Band of Brothers. I mean, Andrew Lincoln? Egg from This Life? It's like he's gone to the States and turned into a completely different actor but none the worse for it, his character was great. I liked the way the first thing he did after he was patched up was take a hot shower and put his Sheriff's uniform back on.

Anyhoo, it was very good. It used all the zombie tropes as if it were the zombie version of a Jane Austen adaptation on the BBC but it was still really good. The scene with the tank was great.

I'm sure most of you have seen it, but those of you who haven't might want to give it a try.

Lastly --- Zombie apocalypse survival CRPG, L4D with a story and an inventory system? Yes please.

sonsofgygax.JPG

They aren't showing it in Denmark, but I love the comic that it's based on..

I think I need to get internet TV, I'm tired of watching shows a year and a half after they've aired elsewhere.

Fortune favors the bald.

So which service will it be watchable on?

Thinks: is it morally sound to watch a bootleg version if I sit down afterwards and read some ads from companies who normally advertise on the sat channel?

Edited by Walsingham

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Poor people, you get the show a week later :thumbsup: second episode airs tomorrow I'll try to keep the spoilers to a minimum during the week.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It was too sentimental and sappy for me, I like that UK zombie show better where they're in the big brother house :D

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

So which service will it be watchable on?

Thinks: is it morally sound to watch a bootleg version if I sit down afterwards and read some ads from companies who normally advertise on the sat channel?

That's for you to decide... but it's on the FX Channel (Sky / Virgin Media etc).

sonsofgygax.JPG

It was too sentimental and sappy for me, I like that UK zombie show better where they're in the big brother house :D

So, Kaftan, exactly which channel in Sweden is showing this series? :lol:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

It's available to watch on Hulu.com!

Watched the first episode earlier. It was great.

hmm, I couldn't find any info on this - is it illegal to connect to proxy server so it seems like you are from the US?

Fortune favors the bald.

Find it weird the dude could've survived in his room without food for so long, even though he was on drip.

Studies show coma patients last longer without maintenance than clocks. Film at 11.

The show kind of played out like zombie fan fiction. Entertained but mostly unimpressed.

I am however impressed that AMC can show brains blowing out of the back of a little girl's skull and still can't show the entirety of a woman's breast. As if to hammer home the point, they successfully showed a female corpse whose **** had been eaten off. If the **** were still there, it would surely have been obscene.

I am however impressed that AMC can show brains blowing out of the back of a little girl's skull and still can't show the entirety of a woman's breast. As if to hammer home the point, they successfully showed a female corpse whose **** had been eaten off. If the **** were still there, it would surely have been obscene.

Kind of like how Oblivion's zombies had were completely naked but had their junk gnawed off and the game got a T rating until they found a boob mod on PC.

Speaking of showing that stuff on AMC, I'm surprised they could show it on Hulu.

Watched the second episode today, everyone from EU can sleep on that. Or wake, whatever you guys are doing :thumbsup:

The series is turning out to be great, they have really kept the balance of the emotional stress with the tension surrounding the situation.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm enjoying it. Not sure what's going to distinguish this from an average zombie movie, though, except that it seems to go slower.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Seen both episodes so far. Really digging it so far, but the "best friend sleeping with your wife cause we thought you was deaaad!" is so over played. I'm gonna call that the Sheriff guy finds that necklace with her ring/locket on it at some point "She was here!"

Pretty sure Kaftan watched it on Channel BT. :thumbsup:

I know, and for once I don't blame him. It's probably as bad as what the mudeater Bukkake spends his days doing, but it also feels strangely satisfying that this option exist. I absolutely hate these arbitrary country restrictions, so being able to bypass them is sweet.

Also, I honestly think the BT channel is responsible for movies having almost simultaneous world wide releases nowadays. Only 10 years ago, we in Sweden would sometimes have to wait up to three years before being able to watch some movies. Then came the internet and now we see the same movies all over the world at the same time. I love it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Also, I honestly think the BT channel is responsible for movies having almost simultaneous world wide releases nowadays. Only 10 years ago, we in Sweden would sometimes have to wait up to three years before being able to watch some movies. Then came the internet and now we see the same movies all over the world at the same time. I love it.

Hmm I hadn't thought about that, but it makes sense..

Fortune favors the bald.