New MCA blog post: On Project Directors and Lead Designers

funcroc

Off-topic:

Hey guys sorry for the long delay.. I moved! Back to Southern California! I'm now working at [Obsidian].

It's a great team, the people are very nice, and the project I'm on is tons of fun.

Polina Hristova's blog post. She is a new concept artist at OEI. (her LinkedIn profile and portfolio)

Edited by funcroc

- Worked under tight deadlines to get small internal project in order for release

What does that mean? Was Virgina already released/cancelled or is it still in production?

Edit: It seems to be a seperate project. But what? And if 2011 release why not already announced?

Edited by C2B

Considering that he left OEI in September 2010 and that the project will be released in 2011, I hope it is still in development.

EDIT: Double Fine's two downloadable games Costume Quest and Stacked were (or will be) released a few months after they were officially announced. So if PV is for XBLA/PSN...

Edited by funcroc

So I guess Virginia is the project Feargus mentioned in the Gamebanshee interview. I would imagine they don't want to release any info on it yet as they are focusing more on getting DS3 out. And if it's digital only release without a publisher there won't be ridicilous amounts of PR for it. So a shorter PR campaign will have to do just before the release.

Hate the living, love the dead.

Considering that Virginia is 10th state admitted to the Union, Project Virginia is Obsidian's 10th project.

- 6 shipped titles: KotOR2 (Delaware), NWN2 (Pennsylvania), MotB (Massachusetts), SoZ, AP (Georgia), FNV

- 1 title in development: DS3

- 2 cancelled titles: Seven Dwarves (New Jersey), Aliens: Crucible (Connecticut)

EDIT: I wonder if FNV DLCs are getting their own codenames.

Edited by funcroc

Considering that Virginia is 10th state admitted to the Union, Project Virginia is Obsidian's 10th project.

- 6 shipped titles: KotOR2 (Delaware), NWN2 (Pennsylvania), MotB (Massachusetts), SoZ, AP (Georgia), FNV

- 1 title in development: DS3

- 2 cancelled titles: Seven Dwarves (New Jersey), Aliens: Crucible (Connecticut)

EDIT: I wonder if FNV DLCs are getting their own codenames.

That would make Dead Money "Project Virgina" and he would have no reason to put the codename in his resumee.

Of course, it could be this is just a name for the entire DLC project.

Dead Money (or one of three unannounced FNV DLCs) cannot be Obsidian's 10th project if Urquhart's answer in the GameBanshee interview was true.

As we stopped working on Alpha Protocol in late summer of [2009] everybody transferred over either to a private internal product we're making right now - which I want to talk to you about soon - or they went to Dungeon Siege III.
Edited by funcroc

Dead Money (or one of three unannounced FNV DLCs) cannot be Obsidian's 10th project if Urquhart's answer in the GameBanshee interview was true.

Also I think that even Nathaniel Chapman hinted, that he is working part-time on a small XBL project, besides Dungeon Siege.

Hmh, this has me guessing whether the other Onyx project is Virginia. Tess tweeted about tight milestone schedules few months ago and how her team was quite small.

Also I think that even Nathaniel Chapman hinted, that he is working part-time on a small XBL project, besides Dungeon Siege.

Hmh, this has me guessing whether the other Onyx project is Virginia. Tess tweeted about tight milestone schedules few months ago and how her team was quite small.

It might be, but I think in july, Obsidian was looking for:

intern with Flash animation experience. This person should be comfortable creating characters, environments and effects in 2D, and have a basic understanding of classic animation techniques. Some knowledge of Actionscript (2.0 or 3.0) preferred.

I would guess this was for Virginia :(

It's Stephanie Debrule. She was initially hired as flash artist intern but currently promoted to junior artist / animator and Mikey Dowling's girlfriend.

Your knowledge of things is just getting way too creepy. Don't change though :(