Torchlight

• 2 weeks later...

looks like Diablo 2 more than anything else. I wonder what Torchlight 3 will be like

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

looks like Diablo 2 more than anything else. I wonder what Torchlight 3 will be like

That's fine with me. They are making similar games to what they made originally (diablo was actually originally these guy's baby, before they fell under Blizzard's wing). I am pretty excited about Torchlight 2, just hope they don't have the flayer jungle area.

Torchlight 3 will be the MMORPG I'm thinking.

You're kind of implying that's a bad thing. What makes you think people are sick of Diablo 2 type games? We're not.

It's the same mindset that people in the industry seem to have about 2d isometric and/or turn-based RPGs, but there's no evidence to back it up because such games have always sold well (indeed I read an interview with I think Feargus recently where he muses on this exact point, but with no obvious inclination to change the situation unfortunately).

You're kind of implying that's a bad thing.

no I'm not :) I still play Diablo 2 from time to time. and earlier I already praised D2 so I thought it'd be clear

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

That's fine with me. They are making similar games to what they made originally (diablo was actually originally these guy's baby, before they fell under Blizzard's wing). I am pretty excited about Torchlight 2, just hope they don't have the flayer jungle area.

They have been making an MMO on the side for a while now. It will probably have another name, though.

They have been making an MMO on the side for a while now. It will probably have another name, though.

Torchlight MMO was put on hold (or at least is moving a lot slower now) because they started working on Torchlight 2. They didn't originally plan to make a Torchlight 2 but the overwhelmingly positive reaction from gamers necessitated it, if only to add Co-op.

That said, the MMO is still coming, yeah.

Maria, have you tried Titan Quest?

Indeed! I even started a thead on it in the dusty days of yore.

I like the same and bought the expansion, but, for me, the static evironments hurt the replay value. I also believe that one guy played through all of Greece naked and didn't die once, which is amusing.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.