Long live Alpha Protocol.

So, basically what you're saying is that you're retarded?

That's okay buddy. We feel for you...

EDIT: Jeez. Darn Ninja-ers.

"LOLOLOLOLOLOL I NO U R BUT WAT AM I LOLOLOLOL"

This board is pathetic. That's the best you guys can come up with?

You guys are comparing one of the best games ever made to one of the worst. In my analogy AP is to Big Rigs and VTMB is to VTMB.

AP is overrated boring ****ing ****. Seriously. There is almost absolutely nothing reedeming about it. Gameplay? ****. Story? Stereotypical. Characters? Not interesting and stereotypical. Oh, but it has some C&C every once in a while. Totally a flawed gem.

Stop sucking Obsidian's ****, they need to learn from their mistakes.

I like Obsidian, I really do. But AP was ****.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that implying we're sucking Obsidian **** is superior reasoning than us calling you out on the obvious flaws of your reasoning.

I won't even comment on the stereotypical story and charachters because that implies two other things:

1. You didn't get the main theme that is behind the game.

2. You have no idea about what a (living in your mom's basement does that to you). Nearly every charachter in AP was well fleshed out and followed a major theme of human behavior (or much like point 1 was based on popular spy fiction).The dialog played with it quite a bit in conversations which also benefited the charachter reputation system. Though on the downside there wasn't that much interaction with them. Especially Darcy, Westridge and Sis (In the case of Sis because the idea behind here was so awesome and would have been even better fleshed out).

Prime examples are Marburg and Parker.

But hey, why do I explain that to you?

Oh yeah, that's right. :down:

Edited by C2B

So, basically what you're saying is that you're retarded?

That's okay buddy. We feel for you...

EDIT: Jeez. Darn Ninja-ers.

"LOLOLOLOLOLOL I NO U R BUT WAT AM I LOLOLOLOL"

You guys are comparing one of the best games ever made to one of the worst. In my analogy AP is to Big Rigs and VTMB is to VTMB.

AP is overrated boring ****ing ****. Seriously. There is almost absolutely nothing reedeming about it. Gameplay? ****. Story? Stereotypical. Characters? Not interesting and stereotypical. Oh, but it has some C&C every once in a while. Totally a flawed gem.

Stop sucking Obsidian's ****, they need to learn from their mistakes.

I like Obsidian, I really do. But AP was ****.

Yeah, it's pretty clear that implying we're sucking Obsidian **** is superior reasoning than us calling you out on the obvious flaws of your reasoning.

I won't even comment on the stereotypical story and charachters because that implies two other things:

1. You didn't get the main theme that is behind the game.

2. You have no idea about human behavior (living in your mom's basement does that to you). Every charachter in AP was well fleshed out and followed a major theme of human behavior (or much like point 1 was based on popular spy fiction). The dialog played with it quite a bit. Though on the downside there wasn't that much interaction with them. Especially Darcy,n Westridge and Sis (In the case of Sis because the idea behind here was so awesome and would have been even better fleshed out)

But hey, why do I explain that to you?

Oh yeah, that's right. :down:

I believe I got the main theme, an evil corporation is cooperating with an evil government organization. Wow, so hard to figure out. And that is TOTALLY original, right? Also the whole: "Well that's typical for spy fiction" is a copout. Having black/white morality being typical to the Star Wars series didn't stop Obsidian from making a bad-ass morally gray Star Wars game before.

LOLOLOLOL I LIVE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT LOLOLOLOL SO FUNNY SO ORIGINAL.

"Every charachter in AP was well fleshed out and followed a major theme of human behavior"

You contradict yourself, every character doesn't include : "Especially Darcy,n Westridge and Sis (In the case of Sis because the idea behind here was so awesome and would have been even better fleshed out)" ?

Also, they follow a theme of human behavior? You give AP WAY too much credit.

I take back my previous statement about it having all **** characters. A lot of them were ****, but Marburg, Parker, Sis, and Albatross weren't.

Edited by Cogar66

I didn't. I said there could be more conversations with them. But hey.

It's not like you contraticted yourself with this post but at least you admit it.

And no, you didn't get the main theme. You simplize it and completly miss the point.

And

You still don't have any reasoning besides crying like a child.

Edit: And I'm going to bed. Till tomorrow.

Edited by C2B

It's not like you contraticted yourself with this post but at least you admit it.

And no, you didn't get the main theme. You simplize it and completly miss the point.

And

You said absolutely nothing with this post. Just "No you're wrong, oh and you're a baby."

No points. At all.

Stop saying they're equal, anyone who's played both knows they're not.
Just because it's an opinion doesn't mean it isn't retarded.
LOLOLOLOL I LIVE IN MY MOM'S BASEMENT LOLOLOLOL SO FUNNY SO ORIGINAL.

Trolololo-lololololol.jpg

"Well, overkill is my middle name. And my last name. And all of my other names as well!"

Sir, I object to your interjection! Also, you are not Purkake.

Cogar66 dear fellow, you haven't got any points at all either. Accusing AP of being stereotypical and unoriginal is fair enough since it is. Unfortunately, so is Bloodlines by any objective measure- much as AP hits just about every spy/ conspiracy trope Bloodlines hits pretty much every vampire plot trope and cliche in existence. Irrelevant anyway as unoriginal and good is far better than original but crap. And gameplay? Many if not most of AP's gameplay elements are close equivalents to Bloodlines'.

The issue is obfuscated a bit by Bloodlines having active mod development and patching. Personally I'd pick Bloodlines over AP if pushed, but not Bloodlines V1. But that ain't any kind of authoritative judgment founded in logical fundamentals.

Bananas > Apples because bananas have more potassium is an actual argument. Bananas > Apples because spheres are an unoriginal shape for a fruit isn't.

I hate bananas

Edited by Zoraptor

Sir, I object to your interjection! Also, you are not Purkake.

Cogar66 dear fellow, you haven't got any points at all either. Accusing AP of being stereotypical and unoriginal is fair enough since it is. Unfortunately, so is Bloodlines by any objective measure- much as AP hits just about every spy/ conspiracy trope Bloodlines hits pretty much every vampire plot trope and cliche in existence. Irrelevant anyway as unoriginal and good is far better than original but crap. And gameplay? Many if not most of AP's gameplay elements are close equivalents to Bloodlines'.

The issue is obfuscated a bit by Bloodlines having active mod development and patching. Personally I'd pick Bloodlines over AP if pushed, but not Bloodlines V1. But that ain't any kind of authoritative judgment founded in logical fundamentals.

Bananas > Apples because bananas have more potassium is an actual argument. Bananas > Apples because spheres are an unoriginal shape for a fruit isn't.

I hate bananas

Arnold-Proceed.jpg

And

You said absolutely nothing with this post. Just "No you're wrong, oh and you're a baby."

No points. At all.

Short Summary of my post and its points.

1. I called you out on first saying that the charachters are crap and now revising that statement. But you admitted it so I have no problem.

2. You still don't have any reasoning I have seen. Please tell me where it is. It's still No, I'm right

3. You still didn't get the main theme AP was going for. Zoraptor is right in that regard with "Better good than original" BUT...

Tropes =/= Clichee's. Anyway how you write a story you will hit troopes. With the same measurment most storys would be unoriginal. But they are not. It's how you combine the plot and its elements that makes it original. VTM:B does a very good job at that. While there are many major troopes concerning vampire's are in. Clichee's are really rare. Is VTM:B an original story? Yes, yes it is. It's not 08/15.

AP does a different Approach. It's Spyfiction that combines Spyfiction. The whole story is modeled and structured to fit spy movies and literature. But while it takes the clichee's and plays with them it's not unoriginal at it.

For example Nina's betrayel. In most Spy fiction there's the clichee that your agency betrays you after you have done questionable Job XY. Maybe there is even someone close to you that still belongs to them.

But having the NSA inscenate this through Mina to get a 3rd party to go after AP's operations and finally base. That's pretty neat and dare I say pretty original in the spy gerne. AP has tons of stuff like that.

Edited by C2B