Couch Scurfing

Calax

Ok, I'm driving from Sacramento California to Ames Iowa, and was wondering if some poor soul would want to take pity on this one and let me (and possibly one other) surf on your couch for at least one night (intending to leave on august 10th using Hwy 50 east).

Also suggestions and advice for said road trip would be appriciated.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

meh, couches have things called air conditioning and you can spread out.

couches come with air conditioning now? when did I miss this sitting revolution?!

:)

It happened while you were sleeping on your bed. Didn't you notice something strange about your couch when you woke?

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Unfortunately there aren't a lot of forum members in that area between Sactown and Iowa. You'd have to go out of your way considerably.

On a side note, Wal-mart has a policy that allows you to spend the night in their parking lots legally.

Washington seems like it would be a bit off course for your trip.

Hey now, my mother is huge and don't you forget it. The drunk can't even get off the couch to make herself a vodka drenched sandwich. Octopus suck.

I've had a think and don't know anyone who could help (who isn't on this forum). Sorry, mate. But I'm sure you'll sort something!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

No cheap motels on the way? And again, sleeping in your car can't be *that* bad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

No cheap motels on the way? And again, sleeping in your car can't be *that* bad.

Well, Cheap motels are a given, but I'd prefer to save money as much as I can...

And understand, this is the trip that's taking all my stuff to college, my clothes, books, computer, luggage, bedding etc, all are gonna be packed in the back of my vehicle (which will be pretty small) so I won't exactly be able to stretch out in the back on the seat with that many boxes around.

It's only a 27 hour drive, get some Red Bull and man up, sleep is for wussies.

I don't know if you have done this before but 27 hours is a long time to drive. I mean I only did 22 and I was beat.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I don't wanna do the "man up". I'm kinda thinking I'd do a few days of heavy driving, but I'd also have a few days where I look around and have fun at locations (denver for example)