Acti-Evil, or Evil Arts strike again!

I know pleanty of folks who are looking at Canada and going "I should probably go there, cheap, better pay etc..."

Yes, I've looked too.

This is directly related to how Canada is treating the industry. The UK is an extremely expensive place to develop a game in, this country hemorrhages talent like a hemophiliac does blood.

It's funny, I'm looking at UK in the same way. :lol:

I guess either I live in the worst of ****holes, Canada would be even better or there's differences between industries. :cat:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Apparently, that's a contact center for Bioware's MMO, not a development house.

That is true, but I don't know the details of the tax breaks for the development house and whatnot.

Regardless, Criterion Games (Need for Speed) is based out of the United Kingdom as well. EA would have to be getting one hell of an advantage in another way, if saving money on game development through taxes was not something that appealed to them.

Criterion are a much much smaller team than they used to be, they've something in the region of 35-50 staff. EA are big on outsource the artwork for games. Oh and Criterion are better known for Burnout... Not that Need for Speed is looking bad mind, but that's certainly not their pedigree.

I don't think there would be much to gain for EA, but it may aid other parties whom are rivals with a much stronger foothold in the UK.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

What!? But I've been told Finland is the most wonderful country on earth.

Sounds to me like they weren't honest. Or lawyers living in the capital. Insanely high cost of living, **** wages, high taxes, corrupt politicians.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

What!? But I've been told Finland is the most wonderful country on earth.

Sounds to me like they weren't honest. Or lawyers living in the capital. Insanely high cost of living, **** wages, high taxes, corrupt politicians.

Hey hey, he said Finland, not Hungary.